Saturday, January 21, 2012

♡Snow... Books... Furniture placement... Etc. Etc. Etc.



(Source)

Yes, we have snow this morning.  But the pictures I could take, would not be as precious as this illustration of bunnies in the snow, by Beatrix Potter of course.  :-).




"Susanna Kearsley writes modern gothic novels, blending historical and modern-day suspense with romance and a touch of the mysterious.  Her books do not fit neatly into any category."
Mmmmm, doesn't that sound yummmmmmmmmmy?
I read about this book on "Write Brained Readers" blog.  ....  The cover is so gorgeous that it caught my eye.  Then also, it's modern Gothic, blending historical and modern-day suspense...  What's not to like????????  I have a hold on it, in my library.  :-)


Since I'm pestering Vee, for a view of her new tv ~~~  I figured it would only be fair, to show a pic....  In our Hearth Room....  I took this, seated in my favorite chair.  So, basically, this is what I see, when I view the tv.

Btw, the rug is a dull gray green.  NOT white!!!  Light coming in patio doors,
makes it look lighter than it is.

To my right, in this picture, is the sofa, which you can not see.  Obviously the fireplace is *in front* of me.  And "Uncle A.'s" favorite chair is to the left. 

And this is how our Hearth Room must stay!!!!!!!!!!  Oh we have tried to move furniture around.  But it doesn't *work,* any other way.

 It's a not-very-big rectangular room.  To the North (which is to the right, looking at this pic), is the only full wall in the room, and sofa has to go there.  To the West (looking ahead, in this pic), is the fireplace wall.  To the South are the patio windows (beyond the rocking chair).  To the East, (behind your view in the picture) is the step-up-into-Kitchen and a partial railing.    ~~~   By the railing, is a very old kitchen table from my family.  And "Uncle A.'s" chair is in front of that table.


OKKKKKKKKKKKK...   How about you Dear Reader?  With this chatting about TV's, in Pretty Blog Land  ~~~~~  What is your view of your tv?  :-)

Oh and btw, I do not mind seeing the *big, black screen,* when tv is off.  -giggles-  It simple doesn't bother me.  Perhaps....  Because the view behind it, is of dark, old brick on the fireplace wall.  I do not see our  *big, black screen,* in contrast to a light wall.
Or maybe it's just that I don't mind it.  Period.  We get lots of enjoyment out of cable, on it, and I guess I just accept it, in its turned-off-big-blackness.  ,-))))


 
"Childhood, catching 
our imagination when it 
is fresh and tender, 
never lets go of us."
~J.B. Priestley


15 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

Looks like you have the best seat in the house. Good for you. The Mr. is a channel surfer, I don't get into tv, as soon as something sparks my interest he's off to something else. So I basically ignore it and read or mess around on my laptop. Great blog idea, I can post pictures of our tv room.... Once I clean it up a bit.
Thanks for the book tip,sounds like a good read.

Anonymous said...

The views of the TV/TV's at our house, are varied.
No TV in our hearth room. We considered it though, but then we redid J's room and that is working out great for TV viewing. There are few solid walls to work with in his lodge. TV in cabinet on one wall of TV area and J's chair on the other. We have one in our room, also. The view is from the bed.

At the lake, there is a TV in every room. Well.....it's Mom's B&B, if we want to get real about it. So there are tv's in every room. All but one in wide open spaces with unhidden screens. We are slowly switching to flat screen. Two to go. One at lake and one in J's room.

The book sounds interesting. Will have a look at it.

bj said...

I will show you my view just as soon as I quit throwing up....I am sooooo sick this morning.....bwaaaaaaaaa

Vee said...

I can not get over your saying that you don't know what my living arrangements are like. Lovella recently suggested that all bloggers need to do a 360° video of their rooms. Perhaps!

I like your arrangement. I like that you have room not to tuck your beautiful big flatscreen into the corner. That way you can access whatever is behind.

Vee said...

Oh no! Poor BJ! What was in those fried green tomatoes?

mxtodis123 said...

Love your rocker. Wish I could show you a view of my television, but, as you know, I've tons of photos on my camera and no way to get them off. My rocker sits near the window, or as close to it as I can get it since my cat loves having her bed next to the pole that brings up the heat, and the television is in front of me, a little to the right. Hubby says he wants to mount it on the wall, but that kind of scares me. I always think, "What if it falls?"
Mary

Marigold said...

Alas, I have no TV in the barn. What's with that, anyway? The Goatmother's house has one very large room with an entertainment cabinet at one end and a couch and two chairs facing it, and then the fireplace at the other end with two large leather chairs and ottoman's facing it and a table in between. Like yours, there is no other way to arrange the furniture. Stairs go up on side and patio doors the other side. Oh well. Good for those who don't like change anyway. :)

Stella said...

Liking your header. My husband's TV is banned to the finished basement as he like cops and robbers and shoot outs. I have a small TV in the bedroom I watch as I usually only watch HGTV. It is housed in a cabinet so I don't have to see it unless I want to use it. Have a good weekend. Stella

romance-of-roses said...

Well I really like your fireplace, so I would not mind seeing a black screen either. The beauty behind it makes up for it. Love the pic of the two bunnies in the snow, so cute. Thank you for visiting my dolls. Hugs...Lu

Debbie said...

pretty soft lighting/candles a top the fireplace. i watch less and less t.v. as i enjoy the computer more and more.

you definately have the best seat in the house!!

Deb said...

I love all of your hearts in the back ground....we just got a new TV...a flat screen hanging on the wall...little britches can't touch it...no more battles...lol...

Mrs. Micawber said...

I love your header picture. I'd like a bracelet and ring exactly like that.

I'm looking at my "TV" right now - which is the computer screen. We have no TV, so we watch things online. Works for us.

Your mantel looks beautiful. Stay warm!

Hootin Anni said...

Well, I'm sure I have a photo of our TV somewhere on my blog, but haven't done a search through my blog's admin.

Our large TV [52"] is in our living room. And the room is huge. On one side of the wall is our red used-brick fireplace. The large couch is to the left and the love seat is to the right. Then the TV and entertainment center is on the opposite wall. We have a large picture window that goes out to the front porch [behind the love seat] And on the opposite wall from the picture window is huge near 'full wall' sized glass wall/doors to the patio. You can also get to the patio from our diningroom door. The walls are covered with my own art work ---southwestern/western and paintings of mine that I've framed. And tables...on each side of the couch/love seat. Corner tables holding kachina dolls I've purchased over the years...and Native American stuff [right now] on the fireplace mantle.


PS...YOU WILL HAVE AN EMAIL FROM ME SHORTLY. Just keep it private. I don't give it out on my blog because I've been slammed way too many times.

Linda said...

I loved this post! I like being able to 'see' your life! LD built a shelf across a window and wired electric boxes on the sides. It makes the perfect place for his 55 inch flat TV!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love our big black screen, and would be lost without it. we only have one wall it will go on because that is where the cable comes out of the wall and no way to put it on the other wall, so the 3 TV's we have had in the last 22 years have been on the same wall and lucky for us, our sofa is dead on in front of it.
i just love that when i find a book i want i can go online and reserve it at the library. i can only read big print books. last week in goodwill i found a book i was dying to read but it had tiny print. i came home and found it at the library, but it was at one of 4 in our county, but all i had to do was click and say i wanted to pick it up at MY library and 3 days later i did. I love it