♡♫♡♫♡♫♡♫♡
~-~-~-~-~
Hmmmmmmmm, bad dreams last night.
Oh I know, we dream every night. But I certainly don't remember all of my dreams.
But when I remember bad dreams, I know it's time to "stop and think."
What is too-much-on-my-mind?
What's worrying me?
What am I driven to fix?
What am I trying-to-fix, in someone else?
~
It is oh-so-silly to want to, or try, to fix other.
Because the only one who can change any of us, is ourselves.
And to be peaceful, I need to drum-this-into-my-head... "Only try fixing myself"
~
But what about all *that's wrong in the world*?
Joseph Campbell did a marvelous job of trying to explain... How to be content, and not be driven-to-distraction, by all the *troubles* around us, and in the whole world. I didn't always understand it. It seems to be a contradiction.
~
And I can not fully explain it!!! I just try...
~
He said we must say "AYE" to everything. But how do we say "AYE" to everything in the world, when we all know that Bad exists, in our world?????? Bad exists, alongside all the Good, Beauty, Wonder of the whole Universe. How be content and happy,
saying "Aye" to everything????
~
Because to deny one part of Reality, denies all of Reality.
~
We need to accept all of Reality, and go peacefully on our way, doing our own thing.
~
But, you say.... If we do that, we would never do any work, toward getting rid of Bad. We would just curl up, in our "own Bliss."
~
Nope...... We can live our "own Bliss," and do whatever work-against-Bad, which fits for us. But our doing of this work-against-Bad, does not BRING US DOWN. Does not defeat our own happiness. Does not sour, our own viewpoints.
~
(Link)
At least, I think that's what he meant. :-) Some other lover of Joseph Campbell out there...... Weigh in on this, please.
(Link)
"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
We cannot cure the world of sorrows,
but we can choose to live in joy."
~Joseph Campbell
~-~-~-~-~


14 comments:
Trying again because that made zero sense.
I had read once that all people who appear in our dreams are representations of ourselves. So can you imagine my horror at watching a family member behave very poorly in a dream sequence by refusing to yield? Refusing to yield to a semi? Me. Stubborn me.
I think our dreams represent our lives in other dimensions....but who really knows...
hughugs
Makes sense to me. If we choose to live in joy, and then more people choose to live in joy, soon more of the world is living in joy. Even though the bad still exists, there is less room for it. I am a natural-born worry wort, though, so this is very hard for me. As for dreams, they can't all be representations of ourselves. Some maybe, but otherwise I wouldn't have dreams that come true or tell me about something happening, and I do.
I hate having bad dreams, it just seems to ruin the rest of my day because I have such a heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I really don't believe in "having" to accept the way the world is but I guess if we don't, then we can drive ourselves crazy!! I was born a worry wort and worried about every little thing that went on in this world of ours...it took a long time but I've finally decided that although I can't change what goes on in the world, I DO have some control of what goes on in my own life.
Always a pleasure to come visit you dear Auntie:-) xoxo
I've always believed that our dreams have an important message for us. I absolutely love Joseph Campbell. I believe what he means is that each of us is responsible for our own life meaning and that we shouldn't waste our lives on things or people that don't help us to fulfill our purpose.
Mary
I have bad dreams every once in a while. The other day I woke myself up yelling. "What about the Junk Man?" I was having a fight with my mother and yelling that at her!!
Oh girl, you just wouldn't believe. My dreams are usually filled with guns and people from the mafia chasin' me. They're kinda like some of those crime shows or action movies. Sooooo, not like my day life! Heeehehehe!
I don't even try to figure it out. It is rather entertainin' though.
God bless and you have a wonderful weekend sweetie!!! :o)
I never seem to remember my dreams and now I am glad.
I wish you sweet dreams.
:)
Hi Auntie!
I have the most bizarre dreams! My husband always tells me to never tell anyone about them . . . or they'll lock me up . . . in the funny house!!
I happen to be a Joseph Campbell junkie!! I love Native American culture and so did he. He was a most fascinating man! One of my favorite quotes of his, because I think we can all do this:
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
SWEET dreams tonight!
Hugs,
Barb
I have thought a bit about this as we in Norway have had a bad happening this summer ,and this week a happening in our village that has shocked the nation and made our elders fearfull and all locking their doors.
If we use the words we ,us, our, more than they ,you ,your.One of us killed this Monday.Some of us are black,some of us are muslims.We are responsible for our children,for our world.
You are a sage...I have alway's leaned toward wise people who are uplifting and a joy to be around.
Our little town lost two beautiful soul's by the hand's of children lost in drug's...may we all find strength in number's of good soul's like you. Thank you friend.
Love, Debbie:)
I very rarely wake up to a remembered dream.Probably just as well! Loved that quote right at the end, and I hope you won't mind if I borrow it! I agree, there is far too much for us to take on board. We must just try to make our little corner of the world peaceful and joyful.
i have truly crazy dreams, sometimes i remember all of it and sometimes none, and sometimes i find pieces of things that happened that day and sometimes it is just plain nutty. i sigh at the bad and pray for those who need it and know that God is in control of the world, and humans are the ones who have ruined it and i do have joy while sighing at the bad.
Post a Comment