(Source)
Have you too, noticed the complaining, about a worse Word Verification being installed?
Think it's time to get serious about this issue.
If a blogger has to keep a check on her blog comments, let her put Comment Verification Setting on. This way, she gets to read all comments, before allowing them to Publish. S-I-M-P-L-E.
What possible reason could there be, for a blogger to make her Dear Readers have to do the
*dreaded*-and-now-worse Word Verification Step?
I just won't be forced to do Word Ver. any more.
Nor will I ask bloggers, about it. Some react nicely to being told. Some don't even know they have Word Ver Setting turned on!!! But not everyone is nice. I have been reamed out, for doing so. So, no more, mentioning it in comments.
That's it.
No more will I comment on blogs,
which make me do the *dreaded* Word Verification Setting.
Anyone with me?
~~~~~~
And before anyone says it.....
Yes, I am GRUMPY.
~~~~~~

20 comments:
Not with you on this one anymore, though I probably would have been before. This one serves a valuable purpose. Very valuable purpose. Just give it your best shot...you will note that the second word is much easier to discern than the first. There's a reason for that. And now I know that you don't read my blog word for word. Wah! =D
I agree...They have now gone to the Extreme...I will NOT keep trying 3 and 4 times to enter the correct spellings...maddening!
I think I'm grumpy too!!!Hahaaa
hughugs
I'm with you Auntie....all the way.
I'm with you, that's for sure. It was bad enough before, but one needs 20/20 vision or better to get through this one. It's so time consuming and I see no purpose for it.
Mary
I'm with you - the blogs with word ver are on my ignore list
Hugs,
Penny
I don't like the new word verification at all but it still won't stop me from commenting. Too many people I like have it turned on.
if it would no hurt my mouth i would be with you in that picture. what happened is the dreaded word verification was changed to unreadable and also put back on some of the unsuspecting bloggers. it is a mess
I'm with you!
Okay, I have been giving this a lot of thought. I have concluded that I am wrong and you are right. Why? Because although Captcha is doing a good thing, there is such a thing as too much of it. In Blogdom, we are trying to visit many blogs...ordinarily...and it is unpleasant to have to do word verifications THAT OFTEN no matter how much "good" they are doing. I do believe that you will be allowed to get through giving it your best shot so there are no multiple tries. I must experiment with that one. So you are right and I am wrong.
♪There, I've said it again!♫
I see now, I'm not the only one fed-up with this thing...I'm hating it!
There is always some sort of change that comes along to upset a good thing and this one is the worst of all!
Sadly, having been the victim of scores of robot attacks in the past, I will opt to keep the word verification. It had gotten so that all I was doing was deleting spam. Highly annoying and time consuming. I suspect that the new verification, though difficult, arose because the robots have become more sophisticated and were managing to get through the other one. Ah, progress. But I will understand if you do not wish to comment. It is, unfortunately, a case of one bad apple (or perhaps many) spoiling it all for the rest of us that the verification has to exist. Such is life in this day and age.
The verification is beginning to be a pain in the rumper!! I won't stop commenting, but if I miss it the first time, I quit, and go on to the next blog. Simmer down, and have a great weekend.
Well, I noticed the new word ver. thingie, but really hadn't paid it too much mind. So far, I've not had any problem deciphering the words. Now that everybody's complaining, guess I'll have to complain, too!
See, I was fine til someone said something!
Drat!
Now it's gonna bug me!
It is dreadful, and much harder to read than the old version. Perhaps it makes some bloggers feel a bit more secure?
P.S. Thanks so much for your kind comment recently.
I am sooooooo with you!!! In fact, after yesterday, trying for several times with this new Blogger captcha [word verification] crap...I started a petition....ON MY BLOG.
Come check it out. And if you'd like, you're more than welcome to take the graphic and add it to your sidebar.
Ps...as I replied under your comment you left for me just a while ago:
The only way I know is to have the right click disabled. But in blogger, you still have the image that can be clicked on and enlarged for better viewing. Yep, I will remain using the watermark for that purpose. And, besides, the 'no right click' can also be eliminated if one wants to steal an image by simply disabling the javascript in your browser. I know the watermark I use is annoying, but hey...it's my choice to use it for copyright protection. I've had some images 'stolen' and found them being used on another blog without my permission.
Hey Grumpy Auntie! Actually you should be happy to have EVERYBODY'S panties in a wad (as we say 'round here, and you put it so much more refinedly). You're the Best at pointing out things! ;)
I have to say that the second word is more difficult for me to decipher - it's usually got a background to it or something... but so far so good.
I hope you're having a not-grumpy day today! Hope you're still feeling fine as frog's hair split four ways!
I will jump through twenty hoops in order to comment on a dearly loved blog!! But by and larger I don't like the hoopla of WV~
My spam seems to get caught and never makes it to the blog. I just go in and delete it all from time to time.
How do you feel about bloggers who have a music play list going?
"Inquiring minds want to know!!"
I hate WV of all kinds, with a passion. The problem...I leave a nice long comment before I KNOW there's the dreaded WV on there. This double one is killin' me. Someone suggested that when this happens, just copy, then go to their email, paste your comment there and tell why you are using email instead of their blog. This might stop a lot of it as everyone wants comments ON THEIR BLOG...not in their email.
I don't really know just what to do about it....and it is driving me NUTS.
And I am WRONG again because I have been experimenting and have discovered blogs where multiple tries have been necessary. I'm going to adopt BJ's suggestion. If it happens again, I'll just email the comment. You're right. This has gone too far.
Post a Comment