I love illustrations in children's book. Isn't that one above, by Sibylle von Olfers, just precious and wonderful? I know her "Root Children" illustrations. Must look for this book, also.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Source)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Source)
It seems that most of us, in the NE, need to be reading this book. :-)))) We've had no where near the usual snow fall or covering. Is there still time? To *find* some????
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Source)
You know I love to read books!
But did you know, that I came to this love, later in life and mostly on my own?
Though I have 3 books, I remember loving when growing up... Only 3! You who have been reading *forever,* can you imagine that? Only 3 books remembered, from growing up? -sigh-
I really don't know why....... My mother was Editor of a village news paper. She certainly was familiar with the printed word. But it didn't translate in to my being surrounded by books.
My children/grand children were/are. :-)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Source)
For all you lucky ones, who still have children at home...
I came across a lovely blog with a lovely suggestion.
Just please go to "Slow Reading Family Style" and enjoy....
Please and thank you...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I had just taken to reading. I had just discovered the art of leaving my body to sit impassive ............ in a chair or sofa, while I wandered over the hills and far away in novel company and new scenes. My world began to expand very rapidly, the reading habit had got me securely."
~~H. G. Wells
"I had just taken to reading. I had just discovered the art of leaving my body to sit impassive ............ in a chair or sofa, while I wandered over the hills and far away in novel company and new scenes. My world began to expand very rapidly, the reading habit had got me securely."
~~H. G. Wells
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~




10 comments:
I was lucky I grew up with books...my Mom is a great lover of books...my children grew up with books...now I'm showing little britches the love of books a family tradition...
I have loved books all my life. As a child I first read the Bible. I still have that very one. It has illustrations in the back using blue ink. It has been through one flood and two house fires in its lifetime. One of the house fires was mine - the other when I was a child.
I also read boxes of books that my step father purchased at auction. Thankfully for me they were mostly classics like Kidnapped, Dear and Beloved Physician, Gone With the Wind and such. Heavy reading for a 9 year old but I didn't know that then!
I've always loved reading. Had so many books when I was growing up. Some I still enjoy such as my collection of fairy tales. I'll still turn to them when I am feeling especially stressed.
Mary
The Goatmother grew up with books, but no one ever read to me. Waaaaaah!
I so agree with you!! These days, books are just marvelous. And, I continually find myself in book stores oftentimes, looking through the children's books just 'cause! Oh the illustrations. In fact, I'm quite jealous of all the knowledge and fine literature that is available for pre teens and toddlers these days. And I'm guilty ... I confess, I actually buy some of the children's books because of the art work. I think my latest that I purchased was this one. I even blogged about it some time ago ---if you'd like to view it other than my posted drawing that I wrote about today...then, follow this link Children's book and illustrations
It's of the Wizard of Oz.
I read to escape my life, lived in my books instead of real life, that helped me become addicted to reading, and now i read for the sheer joy of it
I grew up loving books. I was always reading, my mom would yell at me for reading too much!!!
I am not watching Once Upon a Time yet. I am waiting to get it through Netflix so I can watch it from the beginning. AND without commercials!!
I used to read a lot but then....blogging came along. :))
New recipe I thought you might like...
http://acountryfarmhouse.blogspot.com/2012/02/chocolate.html
and, we are having the most beautiful snow here today. AMAZING....:))
Every week when our sons were small we bought 1 new book a week at the supermarket. Then as they grew older we went to the Library and local book store. Flyboy still loves to read - our Fireman isn't an avid reader but it's because he doesn't have the time.
Enjoy your week sweet Auntie!
Leann
Love OUAT!
I notice Vee is missing....???
Post a Comment