Sunday, March 25, 2012

♥ Breakfast~Buildings~(Old) blogs~

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

:-)  I don't often take pictures of food.  But I was pretty impressed with how this morning's breakfast looked, on my plate.  Canadian Bacon and Gluten Free Waffles.  With "make-believe-butter" on the waffles, and delicious Maple Syrup...  From the home/farm of a young man who works in the store.   Very yummy, if I do say so myself.  ,-)
These frozen G/F waffles are one of the items, which are G/F and actually taste good.  Most of the G/F make-believe-flour items, aren't as good as the normal kind.  But these, are happily surprising.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Some more of my "downstreet-looking-up" photos.  Another narrow but interesting looking building.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 

 
I particularly love this building!  It's a lovely example of preserved Victorian architecture.  A long row of individually owned buildings actually, but looking as if they are one.    It has the date it was built, at the top...  1871. 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 


Another long building...  The front of which was built and decorated in the same way, so the individual sections look as if they are all one.   More interesting preserved architecture.  I only show half of the building, on the right.  It too has an interesting look, although not as *showy* as the one on the left.  :-)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


What was here, has been removed.

Along with some comments.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




On my old blog, I also came across this old picture of neighbor's cat, which used to come over and get a drink, from the pond...   I didn't know her name, but called her "Spook."  Well, "Spook" won't be getting any drinks in the pond, anymore.  Or bothering the birds.  Or bothering the chipmunk...  She was hit by a car, recently.
 
We never had outdoor cats.......
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 
(Source)

People are cutting branches, bringing them inside and forcing them to bloom.  I'd love to try that, with our pink flowering bush...   But!  I'd probably set my allergies off and the pretty effect (of looking at them) would be very off-set, by my sneezing and coughing and watering eyes.  -sigh-  -pout-

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud."
~Coco Chanel

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥  

9 comments:

Linda said...

I adore food (and fashion) photography. We are all about indie photography here at our house and a couple of my favorite blogs feature that. Your picture is nice.

As for the signature - I've done that on my photos and it can be done with virtually any of the photo editing software, but let me tell you, as a pro-editor, if one really wanted to steal someone's photo - they can still do it by cloning out the signature. That's why I basically take my changes without the signature except for my favorite shots.

Hope you enjoy a beautiful day,
Linda

Vee said...

Oh no...poor Spook.

Yes, that's a beautiful photo. I understand why people sign their photos, but the photo can always be stolen and that mark taken right off by anyone who'd be that much of a thief.

No, don't risk the allergies to bring in a branch to be forced. Are you able to enjoy flowers from the florist shop?

Donna said...

Breakfast looks good!
Love the shot of Spook...
hughugs

Marigold said...

LOVE your dishes! The Canadian Bacon looks good and so do the waffles, although the Goatmother is cringing at the thought of all the WW points in those.:) Someday ...

The Old Parsonage said...

Hello Sweet Auntie

Glad that you are talking about GF foods - what's the name brand. I've been avoiding gluten free all together - just not worth the GF if it doesn't taste good.

Thanks for inquiring about me - just feeling good and not getting around to blogging.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Leann

Debbie said...

well breakfast looks amazing and i adore "foodtography"!!

pretty old buildings, i much prefer this look to newer architecture!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

phooey, now my curiosity is getting the best of me. i missed this yesterday, for some reason you are in my reader on the side bar but some day don't show in the reader and some days you do. go figure and i already knw your opinion of reader which i agree with

HappyK said...

Poor Spook!
Breakfast looks delicious.
Love all the old building.

Deb said...

poor kitty cat...great photos of the buildings...