Tuesday, March 6, 2012

♥Sadly.....

       



Sadly,

I have had to put Comment Verification back on.

Because I keep waking up to finding

WEIRD DISTURBING comments, left on my blog.

Not SPAM.

This person seems to have a (very specific) blog.  

But the messages she comments, are so disturbing that I do not want to access it.

"Off the wall" comments...

Yishhhhhhhhhhh....


So, I am forced to put Comment Verification Setting on.

And apologize to those Dear Readers who do not, not, not like it.

       
     
   

18 comments:

Deb said...

Oh that's not nice I think ther is a way to block specific nloggers

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you Deb. I'd better look up how to do that.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

if it is now spam, comment verification will not stop the comments. there is a way to block her, but you have to have her url. all the comment verify does is make it hard for us. if her comments are bad you can report that to blogger.

Carole Burant said...

Awwww look at that face! lol So adorable. I'm so sorry to hear that someone out there is being a jerk. I will never understand why anyone would even comment if they're just going to be rude, weird or whatever!! Hope you can find a way to block that person! xoxo

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i just checked blogger help and you can block her/him, but all that does is delete her from your followers gadget, as in once i had a porn site follow and blocked it so they did not show as followers, but they can still comment. there is no way to stop them from commenting, the only thing you can do is set up your blog to will not show until you release the comment. preview and delete the comment.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you Sandra. I looked too, but wasn't as sure as you are.

Soooooo, 'tis Comment Ver. for a while.

Sorry, because I know at least one of my Dear Readers, who really, really, really doesn't like a blog to have it on. But..... Such is life.

Beth said...

I have had a couple of people like that. They make blogging unpleasant for us all. I hope your problem is fixed.

Beth

Vickie said...

Grrrr, me too!

Oh such a sweet little face - no matter if he's unhappy!!! This IS little Gabe isn't it? Look at that little lip sticking out!

I'm awfully glad you ducked, Auntie - otherwise I could've dumped a big load of compost on you with my Deere! And no, I'm not lookin' cute! At least, not "lady-like" (and certainly not with the threat I just offered!)

Well, so sorry to hear you're having difficulties (with difficult people out there)! It just gives them such pleasure to irk others. Shame on them!

Vickie said...

Well, at least you didn't put the "robot" thingie on here!

Marigold said...

Oy. Some people have nothing better to do, I suppose. I believe they need a stump to stand on so they can ponder the Universe. Perhaps that might straighten them out. I know it works well for me. Well, that and Peanuts. The Goatfather says that some bloggers have ads on their site and that for every hit they get to their site, it generates income for them. Why, oh why can't anything be simple anymore? I think I'm getting old. Wait, that couldn't be it. :)

mxtodis123 said...

People are just awful. Sorry you have to go through this. I always say it has to be jealousy that makes one come to another's blog and be miserable. Well, it's back to bed for me.
Mary

Kathleen said...

Hello, my friend! I haven't visited you in some time...good to see you again. Love your header image...silhouettes are a favorite of mine.
I'm sorry you've got a creepy commenter...do what you must to keep free of such things! ((((hugs))))

Barb said...

Hi Auntie!

It's such a shame that some people just can't seem to play nice! I hope that you can stop them. I've been getting some weird spam messages, but nothing that creeps me out . . . so sorry!

Hugs,
Barb

bj said...

as in "you read it first, before it publishes"?

bj said...

OK, I see that is what you did. This type verification is fine with me. It gives the blog owner the option TO or NOT TO publish that comment. It also doesn't affect us commenters....(is that a word?)

I can not BELIEVE that any of the bloggers would be so unkind as to leave comments that make you uncomfortable.
THEY SHOULD BE RUN OUT OF BLOGLAND ......
No room here for a JERK.
XOXO bj

bj said...

O, and darlin', you can report her/him to Blogger and they just MIGHT run her/him out of town....:P))

Ruth said...

Yikes. What makes people do such things?

Linda said...

Hmmm, I've read others comments about the same thing, but I don't understand - I have comment verification turned off, but I have comment moderation on - so in otherwords, no one has to type text (that I can't read) to get the comment to go through. Instead, it just goes in for me to moderate and I publish it or not. I also made it to where no one anonymous could leave a message and that seemed to have totally corrected the issue for me.

Hope you have a good day! :)