Tuesday, April 10, 2012

♥ Will the wind ever stop blowing...???



"To find that every noun had a gender -- that a hand was feminine, while a foot was masculine -- and that one was expected to know which was which, seemed to the newcomers too much to cope with, and often illogical or even unfair. Why were all four seasons -- hiver, printemps, été and automne -- masculine for instance. Could not spring perhaps be feminine?"
(From "The Greater Journey" by David McCullough, 
his book about Americans in Paris in the 1800s)

This above, being an example of how our blogs are unique, to each one of us.  Who knows why I find those words, worth copying and posting.  ,-))))))  But I do.  And I did.   ,-)




I'm reading "Mr. Skeffington" by Elizabeth von Arnim.  The title says "Mr." but it's all about the "Mrs."  :-)  The divorced Mrs., that is.

From the back cover...

"Approaching the watershed of her fiftieth birthday, Fanny, having long ago divorced Mr. Skeffinton and dismissed him from her thoughts...... is surprised to find herself thinking of him often."

And it's that *Approaching the watershed of her 50th birthday,* wherein lies the crux of the story.  And quite a story it is.   ,-))))  I was getting a bit tired of it, for a while.  But now, I can't wait to see how it ends. 



(Source)

Betcha' you think that I'm having fun, finding lovely old paintings.  ,-)  Betcha'!  -grin-  And you'd be right!  Just look at all the pretty (to me, anyway) old paintings I have found/posted!

Another example of the uniqueness of each person's blog...



(Source)

If ever it warms up and the winds stop blowing, I hope to get outside and take some photos, of something.  But while the winds blow!  And while my sinus' are acting up!  I will not go out in Nature!  No matter how good it would be for me, to do so! 

Sinus headaches hurt.  -pout-  I get mine, always on the right side of my head.  Ugh... 

But the wind has to stop blowing, someday!!!   ,-)


“A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew, 
A cloud, and a rainbow's warning, 
Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue-- 
An April day in the morning.”
~Harriet Prescott Spofford



 

11 comments:

Vee said...

The words you select are pretty neat and, in this case, perfectly express how I feel about French. Lovely paintings, too. Bright and surprising in that the gal reading in the library is not a spring chicken. Guess that's by your design since you were chatting about a fifty-year-old character in your book.

mxtodis123 said...

These winds have been something else, haven't they? Not only are they spreading lots of pollen, but here in New York we've been having a fire 'alert' for days. It's also been very dry here.
Mary

HappyK said...

You picked lovely paintings to show us!
The wind continues where I am too.

Marigold said...

Wind, blehhhh!!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Oh yes they are really pretty paintings I do like them, it is cold and wet here today and I am glad that I don't have to go out again in it, although I did go out this morning to see my nan.........that book sounds interesting and I haven't had a sinus headache in years but I do still get migraines lucky me don't we all want to have a migraine.........lol

MadSnapper n Beau said...

hubby hates the wind, he cant fly his radio control airplanes if it is more than 10 mph. he had 3 days of winds gusting to 30, but the past 2 he has been OUT OF THE HOUSE as he is right now. wooo hooo on the wind down. here where we live we have winds off the gulf every day and we love it, because it keeps us from melting away. cooling winds, not cold ones. usually the wind dies down at daybreak and starts up around 10ish. i love the header painting. the feet are so perfect

Beth said...

You do indeed post some love pictures. Thank you Auntie.

Donna said...

I think I'll check out that book! Sounds familiar to me...
Love the pictures too!
hughugs

Beth said...

http://www.webstuffscan.com/2010/04/09/how-to-run-windows-live-writer-on-mac/

Linda said...

I hear you on the wind and the sinus headaches and have sympathy on anyone who suffers from those horrible sinus migraines. My Mom and I have had them all of our life (she's nearly 82). For me, they've come less frequent in recent years, but for some odd reason (the cold wind perhaps) they returned with a vengence on the weekend when we had our family here. Still, I pushed on and yes, I was outside, but I do not like wind. Never have. :)

Hope your sinus pressure (mine is normally on the right side of my face/centered around my right eye as well) has let up and that you're feeling good today.

Linda

Mrs. Micawber said...

I particularly like all the paintings in this post. So much art, so little wall space....