Thursday, May 24, 2012

♥ Mostly...just...some...photos...


("Uncle A." planting flowers, even though it had started to rain...)

I was hardly on the Net at all on Wed.  And it was kinda' nice.
 
I am sloggggging through a longggg book.  Getting a little tired of the chase the author is taking us on.  Back and forth, in a 30-50 year time period, clue here, clue there, making it like a GIANT puzzle.  I like a plot, which keeps me guessing.  BUT!  By now, I am saying;  "Enough already!"  ,-)





I'm getting better about keeping my camera with me...  And thus, being able to get random shots like this....  While car parked...  Capturing cool reflections.





And while he was stopped for a red light, I was able to capture a shot of RESTORATION.  One of the buildings on the corner of Broadway and a connecting street.  I LOVE to see restoration being done!!!


Just another reflection...

And now I will *give up,* on this not-too-jam-packed-with-much-entry!!!  

-grin-


"To be astonished 
is one of the surest ways 
of not growing old too quickly."
~Gabrielle Colette


12 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i am all about photos, i love photos and these are really good ones. love love the reflection with the pink lady in it and your header is gorgeous. keep snapping. i love pics

mxtodis123 said...

Great photos. I'm thinking about buying another camera. Was never able to get great shots of the moon and other distance pics.

Came down with a sore throat yesterday and have been spending much of my time in bed. Just feeling nasty.
Mary

bj said...

Oh, yes...you really did get some great photos.
Keep that camera handy...I sure love seeing shots of your sweet town.
xo bj

Donna said...

Like the shots Auntie! And we shur could use some of that rain!
hughugs

Vee said...

You mean it is starting to take? The camera with you at all times? I so rarely take my camera with me and how often I have wished that I had. I like your artsy shots...the arched windows with the traffic, the men on scaffolding restoring...all good stuff.

Hope that the book gets better. John has been building in the rain both yesterday and today. Not fun and he won't quit.

Anonymous said...

Those sure are some nice reflections.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I just automatically grab my camera as well as my purse when I head out to the car. Most of the time I don't even use it, but it's there if I do see something photo worthy. You got some great captures, love the reflections. And a good shot of your 'gardener' planting, too! How does he stay so clean? I'm usually covered in dirt when I'm planting!

Nellie said...

Love your pictures, Auntie. The flower bed will be very pretty, and it is good to see restoration in progress.

HappyK said...

You captured some great shots there.

I think it is actually better for the plants to plant them on cloudy rainy days. The sun is too bright for them at first planting.
UncleA is doing a fine job!

Vickie said...

Hello, Auntie! Spiffy new "do" you have there - love it! Now you look very chic and possibly "elvin". Whadaya think! Very cute!

Not blogging much lately (as you can tell) -- this is a busy time of year - canning is about to begin! OK, then what's been my excuse lately? Just busy-busy, and I guess, kinda in a blogging slump.

But never fear (if you have... ;))
I'll be back and forth from time to time to say HI!!!

I like that pic you snapped of Uncle A purdy-ing up the flower-bed. I'll bet he didn't even know... I need to go backwards and see if you've posted a Gabe picture recently....

Relyn Lawson said...

I wish Uncle A would come plant some flowers at my house. Uncle A or anybody else, for that matter.

Marigold said...

I'm astonished a lot. Especially lately. Maybe that means I'll be living a really long time. :)