Thursday, July 12, 2012

♥ Summer food...Grown fresh...Your own...Or on a local farm...

* ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥ *


SUMMER IS HERE!!!

"BJ's" corn and "Uncle A.'s" own lettuce, grown from seed.

"BJ's" corn is sold at 2 farm stands.  Picked early that morning, trucked over a few miles, and you can start buying it, at noon.   "The Best Local Corn" according to our family!!!
♥   ♥


 

Dear Regular Readers here, will remember that I put a pic of this sign up, every year.  :-))))
♥   ♥



Not much here, yet, beside the corn.  But they do have local blueberries, from a farm adjacent to "BJ's Farm."
♥   ♥



And here is "Uncle A." buying, while I sit in the car and take photos!!!  -grin-
♥   ♥


"Summer food....Grown by you...Or on a nearby farm...
Does it get any better than this?"
~~Me


* ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥   ♥ *
*♥   ♥   ♥   ♥*
*♥   ♥* 

10 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Ah, I remember when I used to grow my own lettuce. It was so, so good.
Mary

Nellie said...

Supporting local growers is such a smart thing to do! Enjoy that corn!

Deb said...

we have sure enjoyed our veggies...almost all done except the okra has really started going...

Muffy's Marks said...

No it doesn't get any better than food that bypasses the grocer!! We are a little more behind you, and with minimal rain, I don't know how the farmers markets will do. I have my own lettuce, basil, and tomatoes if they ever get rip. Patience is not one of my virtues.

Rian said...

Love your pics of the farm produce and fresh veggies! We too prefer to buy fresh. Would love to grow our own, but don't have the room. Do have friends and family that do..

Donna said...

Looks Great! Happy weekend!
hughugs

Vee said...

Nope, it's when it tastes the best. Now how am I able to see these colored hearts in a background? That's another question I'd like to know.

Anonymous said...

I just love fresh corn, fruit, and vegetables, I wish my wife and I could be there to buy some!

Oh, and by the way, I love in how your blog looks!

JFM said...

Lovely photos! Fresh homegrown veggies and a wonderful farmers stand to sell all of nature's bounty from...

The one good thing about summer :D

~Hugs~
Jan

Victoria said...

Gorgeous...everything looks yummy and delightful!
Victoria