..~..
NO! Not ours. We still have *ooooodles* of green tomatoes. The "Grands" next door, brought them over to us. Mommy and the "Grands" have tomatoes. Red ones. -grin-
..~..
And guess who had a HAIR CUT yesterday???????? Well, a nice hair trim. Yes. GABRIEL!!! His brothers were getting hair cuts for school. He wanted to "get his hair cut too." So he was excellent about getting up in the chair and sitting there. She neatly trimmed it. The curls aren't alllllll gone, but it's not hanging in his eyes and straggling behind him, anymore. Yessss!!! :-)
..~..
And guess who had a HAIR CUT yesterday???????? Well, a nice hair trim. Yes. GABRIEL!!! His brothers were getting hair cuts for school. He wanted to "get his hair cut too." So he was excellent about getting up in the chair and sitting there. She neatly trimmed it. The curls aren't alllllll gone, but it's not hanging in his eyes and straggling behind him, anymore. Yessss!!! :-)
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
Yesterday morning, our next door daughter-in-law was having this come...
And we could add our *stuff* too. Well, -chuckle- SHE filled the entire truck, with their stuff...
There is the truck "after." Full, with the broken old couch piled on top.
..~..
-sigh- -pooh- -sigh- No room for the stuff, which I had gotten ready to go! Soooooo.... We are having them come back on Monday morning!!!!!! Hooray!!!!! With 3 extra days, we can really, really, really CLEAN out all, all, all *crap.* Without mercy!!!! Renting some sort of a dumpster, etc., has been a DREAM of mine. But we never did it. -sigh- NOW, the die is cast!!!
..~..
We all have given away, what is usable. But much accumulated *stuff,* is no longer really usable. It needs to be Hard-Heartedly tosssssed!!!! I can do this easier, than "Uncle A." So I toss the stuff in the house, and he tosses the stuff in the cellar and outside.
..~..
Actually, all d-i-law did was go through the house and point to stuff, and the men took it. No bagging. But I prefer to kind-a-bag. They can bring it downstairs, of course.
..~..
When "Uncle A." gets a wee bit worried about TOSSSSING... I tell him; "Do you want to do it ourselves, or leave it for kids, after we die?" Even getting rid of the crap, there will still be so much for them to get rid of. At least, we are trying to help. :-) As an only child, who had to clean out the 2 story family home, all by myself.... I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Ugh.. Ugh.. Ugh...
..~..
Believe me, if you just *can't* get rid of *stuff*, do it out of love, for those who will be left, when you go.
There is the truck "after." Full, with the broken old couch piled on top.
..~..
-sigh- -pooh- -sigh- No room for the stuff, which I had gotten ready to go! Soooooo.... We are having them come back on Monday morning!!!!!! Hooray!!!!! With 3 extra days, we can really, really, really CLEAN out all, all, all *crap.* Without mercy!!!! Renting some sort of a dumpster, etc., has been a DREAM of mine. But we never did it. -sigh- NOW, the die is cast!!!
..~..
We all have given away, what is usable. But much accumulated *stuff,* is no longer really usable. It needs to be Hard-Heartedly tosssssed!!!! I can do this easier, than "Uncle A." So I toss the stuff in the house, and he tosses the stuff in the cellar and outside.
..~..
Actually, all d-i-law did was go through the house and point to stuff, and the men took it. No bagging. But I prefer to kind-a-bag. They can bring it downstairs, of course.
..~..
When "Uncle A." gets a wee bit worried about TOSSSSING... I tell him; "Do you want to do it ourselves, or leave it for kids, after we die?" Even getting rid of the crap, there will still be so much for them to get rid of. At least, we are trying to help. :-) As an only child, who had to clean out the 2 story family home, all by myself.... I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Ugh.. Ugh.. Ugh...
..~..
Believe me, if you just *can't* get rid of *stuff*, do it out of love, for those who will be left, when you go.
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
(Source)
I had blood drawn this morning, and we chatted about the weather. Beautiful now. Much snow coming. And the nurse who drew my blood said her husband says it will be a bad winter in the NE. The bees built their nests higher. ~~~~ Last year, no snow, they had built them lower.
..~..
So... Now not only some weather people say the NE is in for lots of snow this winter. The bees do too. Don't say I didn't warn you. ,-))))
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+
..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+



14 comments:
They say we're due for more than normal snow here this winter. I sure do hope they are wrong.
Have a great weekend.
Mary
great idea, don't work to hard, and toss, toss, toss. my mothers house was a nightmare, she kept everything she ever had in her whole life. Chuck it is new to me and sounds perfect
Tossing stuff, ah yes, I'm very familiar with that. The entire family used to dread seeing me come in the room, hands on my hips, and announce "We are loaded down with STUFF and some of it has to go!"
There was always a look of sheer panic on their faces. I don't do it so much now since I can't run and catch them before they get away.
Right. Thank you for that bit of news. LOL!
Oh, my eyes brightened seeing this post. What a pretty truck...what a lovely idea. You just point, they move. Wonder if we have such a service here. I could get my head bent around that pretty nicely.
You're right, of course, it would be lovely to have it all neat and tidy so the kids didn't have to do it.
Jezzzzz you covered lots of stuff today. What are you going to post about tomorrow. My brother and I had to clean out my parents house and they were collector's!! Took us months!!! We have pared down to one 'small' cottage and one huge garage to let for my kids. !! Serves 'em right for all the crap I've had to pick up behind them when they were growing up and leaving home.
Funny thing about the bees nests. I was at the beautician's yesterday and she said the same thing about lots of snow, because of the height of the bee's nests. Oh well, let 'er snow, we're going south!!!
i am ready for as much snow as they can give me. i just hope we get fall weather too. today is another scorcher! you sound just like us. we are getting rid of as much as we can so the kids don't have to deal with it. there is so much that needs to go and i have 3 houses..ugh!
Those tomatoes make me hungry :)
What a great idea with that "chuck it" truck!!! Wish we had one!
Hard to think of snow with all of this heat and humidity! I am looking forward to chilly weather :)
Hugs,
Jan
I love that dumpster idea. Just the opposite here -- husband would toss everything! Out tomatoes are STILL green also! I never heard about the bees' nest theory of weather. I always learn something new here!
Peace,
Muff
I need one of those trucks over at the old house. The house is cleared - its the garage and out buildings now that need more cleaning out!
I didn't realize you were an only child - just like me. Though I won't have to worry about getting rid of my mom's stuff. She's already promised it to some friends of hers!!
BTW - that bee thing that is on my picture blog today is a Hummingbird Moth! Kerri identified it for me.
Ugggg....I also have "stuff"! What a chore!
hughugs
Weather lore around here says there will be a winter snowfall for every foggy August morning, but I never knew that to be true.
Lovely tomatoes!
I'm really starting to see the benefits of having less junk around here. Sometimes we all just need to purge!
I'm having to buy tomatoes from the farmstand, as ours are feeling ecological - they're busy being as "green" as they can. :)
Chuck away! I love getting rid of stuff (except craft supplies - for some strange reason I hang on to those).
Just remember - snow in winter helps prevent drought in spring and summer. :)
You go girl...simplify. I have done it a few times and it felt good. I still Dee-clutter every few months. I believe the bee's...snow is coming.
Post a Comment