Tuesday, September 25, 2012

♥ It WAS 'delicious'! It SHOULD have been! ,-))) ADDITION...

ADDITION:

I apologize for any SPAM, which comes into your mail box, looking like it came from me.  My mail box password has been compromised, and my mail addy has been used as a 'bot', to send SPAM.  I changed my password, which should take care of this.  But I apologize for SPAM, which got through.  -sigh-

 

AB-FAB-DELISH...!!!  It was!  It was!     Roasted Beets from the Farmer's Market...  "Smashed" Potatoes...  *Scrumptious* very fresh Scallops, from a new Fresh Sea Food Market.  ~~~  'Course, the scallops SHOULD have been delicious!  They cost *an arm and a leg*!!!  Eeeeeeek!   Quelles Horror!  We won't be going back there again, very soon!!! 

A *better buy*...  "Two-for-$$$"...  For the "geeeeeorgeous" new funky ear rings.  :-))))))))))  The top one is make-believe-garnet.   And the other is lots of green glass dingle-dangles.  It looks sort of blue and not green.  But....   We all know how color-doesn't-travel-in-our-blog-pics, at times.  ,-)

Can you guess???  I love, love, love to wear funky, danglyyyy, crazy-ish, wild Ear Rings, every day!!!  My daily clothes are very plain, as I have said before.  A blouse (often white) under a long simple cotton dress of black or purple.  So I figure, I can "get-away-with" jazzzzzy ear rings.  ,-)  Of course, at this Olden Age, I don't really give-a-hoot.  If someone doesn't like my look, well they don't have to keep-looking.  -grin-

My 14 year old Granddaughter, highly approves though.  You can guess which *Audience,* matters to me more.  ;-))))))))))))) 

 The moon rising in the East, during our late afternoon walk.  It was somewhere between 5 - 6PM.  Wow, is it ever waxing!!!

(Source)

"This month, we also celebrate what we call a Harvest Moon, which is the full Moon nearest the autumnal equinox. It can occur in September or October and is bright enough to allow finishing all the harvest chores."  (Source)

Again, I was mistaken, as to when I thought the next Full Moon date was/is.  Grrrrrr....   My cute little Flying Witch on my Full Moon button, on my (bottom) side bar...  It goooofed again!  It says the next Full Moon will be on Tues. Oct. 2.   ~~~   -Palm-Forehead-  MUST remember to check, every month.  -moan-

 Full Moon: September 29, 11:19 P.M.

Just some of those *spent* Clematis.  When in bloom, they are pretty-enough big pink flowers.  But I think I prefer their look, now.   When they are *spent.*  They look so  'puuuuuufy' and also kind of fragile.    Sort of like little mop-top-doggies.   :-)))

   

 

 

 


19 comments:

Vee said...

I am learning not to scroll past the last three photos. ☺

Love the earrings! Very pretty both.

I saw that wedge of moon early on, too. Very pretty.

I like dead flowers, too. Very pretty.

Okay, I've come to the end of intelligent commenting with all this "very pretty" stuff. John loves scallops and he just had them last week when we went to Portland. He won't be getting more any time soon either, though lobster is nearly as cheap as hamburger just now.

mxtodis123 said...

My addiction is beaded necklaces. I have so many they are now beginning to overflow the large container I keep them in. Yet, I still keep buying. Your meal does look fantastic.
Mary

The Cranky said...

I drooled over your meal, yum!

Deb said...

I love that you wear funky earrings...and who gives a rats patootie what others think about it...if you like them....that is what matters...took me a long time to figure that one out..

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the plate is beautiful and the food looks wonderful to me. i love smashed taters. i wish i could wear earrings like this, hubby likes dangly earrings, but i have no neck and they drive me nuts touching my fat neck plus they look awful on me. but i do like them on others.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

dinner looks delish! love the earrings!

Marigold said...

Dearest Auntie,
I believe your email may have been hacked as I got a 'weight loss' product email from 'you'. Changing your password ought to do the trick.

Dinner looks so good, by the way. :)

Rian said...

Your place setting and food looks scrumptious! And I love roasted fresh beets. Also... you must have a photo program that edits your pics, yes?

JFM said...

Auntie, how sad about the "password" thing...Love those earrings! I love long earrings, too :) Now that your photo of that delicious food has made me hungry...it's time for a snack :)

Hugs, Jan

Muffie said...

Yummy, I love scallops -- french dish -- coquilles st. jacques is delicious. Pretty snazzy earrings, too. Is it true that the moon after the harvest moon is called the hunter moon?
Peace,
Muff

Donna said...

The food looks great as do the earrings Auntie!
Enjoy Both!
hughugs

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm glad it's lunch time, because the yummy looking plate of food is making me very hungry!

I love earrings, too, and these are very pretty. Enjoy!

HappyK said...

One thing nice about now a days is that everyone gets to wear what they want to. It seems like anything and everything is in fashion. I'm happy to be in my jeans and tee shirts. : )

I too like flowers after they have died. They make great photos.

Nellie said...

Yum! We love scallops and roasted beets!

I have learned to delete email that comes through that looks "suspicious." Sorry you have had to deal with this problem.

Muffy's Marks said...

Your blog today reminded me of the song 'Shine On Harvest Moon'!! Now I've dated myself.

Linda said...

LOVE the jewels!!

LD bought scallops last time we were home! TWO huge bags!! Cost a small fortune!! AND they smelled the freezer AND fridge up something awful because he didn't seal them correctly! He cooked one bag and got away with it! We gave the other bag to Summer - she is a saefood LOVER!!!

Mrs. Micawber said...

Mmmm, scallops. Delicious.

Nice earrings too! You have just the right hairdo for these lovely bling-y things. :)

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you make me smile. thanks!! (:

Dee said...

Cute dingle dangles :) And that plate of food was life size. It made me want to bust through the screen and gobble it up.