♥
(Copy of present Header pic)
May I begin, with a bit of a rant, at this *New* Blogger Thing...
.
So far, I have not mastered the way to have a post publish at a certain date/time. Grrrrrrr... I know. I just have to keep trying and I'll figure out what *magic* I have not learned yet. -Grumble-
.
.
('Uncle A.' picking grapes from vines, around pool fence.)
.
"The breezes taste of apple peel.
The air is full of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze."
~John Updike, 'September'
.
.
(Grapes, after culling and cleaning...)
.
.
(They have to be boiled down, etc., etc., and then left to strain...)
.
.
(A wee bit of leaf color change...)
I admit I haven't been far, and this picture was taken right around here, on a walk... But I'm very interested to see, how our NE "Leaf Peeking" Season, will roll out. Here it is, the end of Sept., and I am not seeing the gorgeous leaf change colors, which I have posted, a couple of years ago. Hmmmmm......
.
.
(Here and there, a big of blooming still...)
We usually get our Flu Shot in Oct. But I had one of my *feelings*... That if I waited, I would catch a cold and not be able to get the Flu Shot for ages. So, we went and had they done, this week.
.
I have learned over the years, to *Listen To My Feelings.* Such things keep showing that it's wise to do so. Had another one of them, this week. But won't bore you, with the details. ,-) No bigggggie. Just one of those things.... How come I did something in that way and not in another? Because it worked out for the best. :-)
.
.
(Little weed flowers, keep on blooming...)
We also turned the furnace on, to make sure it was working properly. And turned it off again, of course! ,-)
.
We have always had Natural Gas. Especially now, we are very happy to have Natural Gas for heating. People with Oil Heat, are not "happy-campers," in this awful economy.
.
.
(On our walk... A bit more color... But not today. It's raining today!)
This week, we also decided to take off summer sheets and replace them with winter flannel ones. Have you Dear Reader, done such yet? :-)
.
.








13 comments:
Ahhh, so Uncle does make the jelly! What a beautiful rock wall. It must be new for it is so tidy.
No, not yet with the flannel sheets, but soon with the other flannel — fleece.
You can post schedule by looking to your right when composing a post where you will find a list of options: Labels, Schedule, Links, Location, and Options. Schedule is what you want. Click on that and it will be pretty clear what to do.
Love the pics and I'll join in on your rant. What I am finding is that on my computer at work I cannot edit posts. Once typed that's it. I can't change a word or delete a sentence I decide I don't want. At home I don't have a problem.
Mary
Another lovely post, Auntie! I love flannel sheets and I use them all year long :)
This year I feel lucky that our fall colors have been lovely. They have changed earlier by at least two weeks.
Autumn Hugs,
Jan
I see Vee told you how to schedule your posts. : )
It's gotten warmer here the last couple of days and AC as come on again a few times.
I used flannel sheets for quite a few years and have just gone back to regular cotton sheets. No particular reason just for a change.
I second what Vee said about scheduling posts! I did that just last night, I clicked on 28 on the calendar and typed in 12:00 am so it would be today's post. Hope it works for you.
No flannel here yet. Have a lovely weekend!
i am getting my flu shot on Tuesday and hope to drag hubby with me. no flannel sheets here, we don't even need a blanket but 2 months of the year and just a light weight one.
No flannel here yet...It was 90 yesterday.
And I "feel your pain" with the Blogger learning curve...I dread it!
Happy weekend Auntie!
hughugs
We use fleece sheets here in winter; not quite time for them to go on the beds but in a couple more weeks they will be more than welcome.
Uncle A's jelly looks delicious!
We have no need of flannel sheets here. We haven't even added a blanket yet, though we have had the heat on a couple of days. Electricity is our fuel of choice here.
I'm really impressed with the homemade grape jelly! In years past I have made homemade jams and jellies, but they are a lot of work!
It is the time of year my Frank turns up the heat and I kick a small fan on. I got my flu shot today.:)
Even with the old Blogger interface, scheduled posts didn't always work for me. I just save things as drafts and then go back and hit the "Publish" button when I'm ready to publish.
Absolutely gorgeous header photo - it glows!
Our autumn colour will be piecemeal this year, I can tell. Not like last year's glorious show, that's for sure.
We have considered flannel sheets, but are compromising with a large fleecy blanket. :)
P.S. Your little weed flowers are asters. :)
What a delightful, chatty post. I love that header photo. Uncle Al's jelly looks just wonderful.
I will be happy to see the harvest moon tonight. Thanks for the reminder. The weather is changing fast. Hopefully, we won't need those winter bedding items yet. We are in the process of moving, and I packed all winter bedding last summer. We have three weeks to go to move date, so let's hope we make it before we freeze.
Post a Comment