..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
Thanks to my Dear Readers, who shared their *strange happenings* in comments on my last post. But would you please consider posting them on your own blog? Please share them with your own Dear Readers... It's the perfect time of year, for *Interesting* and *Unexplained* happenings!
Please share yours...
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
(Source)
Thanks to my Dear Readers, who shared their *strange happenings* in comments on my last post. But would you please consider posting them on your own blog? Please share them with your own Dear Readers... It's the perfect time of year, for *Interesting* and *Unexplained* happenings!
Please share yours...
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
(Source)
I know this photo looks-as-if it needs to be rotated. The trees which have the changing leaves, look as it they are not growing *up.* But they are. These are only the branches which show, inside the hedge-of-trees. So they grow *out* as it were. :-) Down in the right hand corner, you can see another tree, and it is growing *up*.
My Header picture(s)... From Tasha Tudor's first book... "Pumpkin Moonshine." :-) So sweet. So pretty. So seasonal. :-)
Shadows..... On the table.... Well, I was able to take such a picture, that day. A day with sunshine. Today/Fri. as I compose this entry, it is *raining cats and dogs.* -grin- We need both, so I am not moaning. ,-) Plus, I have been wanting to bake something, and not able to get myself in the mood. I'd say a rainy day, should be the perfect day, to put me in the mood for baking.
I made myself a kind of a Lemon Tart. With a *crust* of a G/F Ch. Chip Cookie mix (minus the Ch. Chips), and some of a can of Lemon Pie Filling. :-)
Then I made my Real Crust, for a combo Lemon Pie Filling and Cherry Pie Filling for "Uncle A." I didn't make enough crust, to have a full top. So I just put pieces of left-over crust, on top. Kinda' weird looking but... -grin- He'll take it.
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
"Burning logs can carry on quite a conversation! Have you ever heard Apple Wood talking? It's the most loquacious of all. You really can't get a word in edgewise."
~ Agnes Sligh Turnbell
Leaves and Pine Needles... Some people like to collect lots of Pine Needles, and use them for mulch... To protect their flowers, etc., while they winter-over.
I read some books on The Fey... Now I have a couple of Seasonal Cozy Mysteries. Fun... Quick reads... And "The Trouble With Magic" is a paper-back... Which makes it so easy to hold!!! I've been reading heavy books, which are more difficult to get-comfy-with. This is a relief. -grin-
Loved "The Trouble With Magic"! Didn't want to put it down. Cozy... With a touch of magic... And some eye-opening happenings, for our heroine. Loved it.
But now I wonder.... Can the author keep up the lovely way, she began this series? I peeked into "Charmed Death" and wonder......? Seems like the author is introducing a wee bit of horror... Oh shoooot! Don't really need that. -sigh- I like magic. I do not like horror, needing to be counteracted. Wimp I am, I know. -grin-
Shadows... And Jordan Almonds... In a little saved glass jar... :-)
Please....... I repeat what I said at the top of this post. Please share unusual *happenings,* with your Dear Readers. Betcha' lots of us just love reading these things! Especially at this time of year. :-) A wee bit of *spooky* fun, without any really spooky bits. ,-) Please and thank you...
I read some books on The Fey... Now I have a couple of Seasonal Cozy Mysteries. Fun... Quick reads... And "The Trouble With Magic" is a paper-back... Which makes it so easy to hold!!! I've been reading heavy books, which are more difficult to get-comfy-with. This is a relief. -grin-
Loved "The Trouble With Magic"! Didn't want to put it down. Cozy... With a touch of magic... And some eye-opening happenings, for our heroine. Loved it.
But now I wonder.... Can the author keep up the lovely way, she began this series? I peeked into "Charmed Death" and wonder......? Seems like the author is introducing a wee bit of horror... Oh shoooot! Don't really need that. -sigh- I like magic. I do not like horror, needing to be counteracted. Wimp I am, I know. -grin-
Shadows... And Jordan Almonds... In a little saved glass jar... :-)
Please....... I repeat what I said at the top of this post. Please share unusual *happenings,* with your Dear Readers. Betcha' lots of us just love reading these things! Especially at this time of year. :-) A wee bit of *spooky* fun, without any really spooky bits. ,-) Please and thank you...
(Source)
..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..
♥








12 comments:
Oh I do love to listen to apple wood burning and I do enjoy the aroma, too. Nothing quite so enjoyable as that.
Yes, still raining and I, too, shall do some baking!
the rain missed us again. it keeps heading straight to you! i love that post card. i used to collect them. off to amish country this morning!
i do love the snapping and crackling of a fire. Lemon meringue pie by my mother was my most favorite of all her pies, this reminds me of it. that tart has me drooling. i shared my story last year.
Ah, just when I get a kitchen large enough to enjoy baking again, I find myself forced into losing weight because of health reasons. Guess I shouldn't complain, though. It is for my own benefit. That I could sit and eat half that pie in one sitting. Looks so good.
Mary
Auntie, How do you manage to be able to post food for thought (books), beauty (photos) and make me hungry (again photos), all at the same time??? :)
The books and the post card really are very magical...just what I love~~~
Hugs,
Jan
I'll be right over for a piece of pie...both of them! hehe I bet it smelled wonderful in your house:-) It's a gloomy and rainy day here today and I'm staying inside doing some chores around the house. Yesterday was sunny so I cleaned out all my flowerbeds, glad to have that job done!! I sure do use pine needles and leaves to cover my flowerbeds for the winter.
Hmmmm...spooky stories, I'll have to think of some to post about:-) Speaking of spooky, last night I watched Paranormal Activity 2 and scared myself silly when I got up and my reflection in the mirror on my bedroom door made me almost have heart failure! lol Gotta love this time of year:-) xoxo
Your pies look yummy! This must be the day for baking. I made a quick and easy cherry cobbler today. Our son is here for the weekend and it is one of his favorites.
Your blog and post looks so pretty with the fall photos!
I'll have to check out Madelyn Alt. I have yet to read a book that you recommended that I haven't liked. : )
I'd love a piece of your pie.
I LOVE this time of year!! Off to visit your post from yesterday to read the comments!
your deserts look really yummy...mild spooky stories are fun...
I've just had to get up and take some rhubarb out of the freezer so I can make a crumble for tea tomorrow night, your pies look so delicious.
I love your autumn snaps, they are so beautiful, the colours are gorgeous.
Diana
Yum! Your pies look wonderful!
Post a Comment