Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Do you know 'Henry'? Plus other stuff..... :-)


I am totally enamoured with 'Henry Crabbe'!  I admit it.  I don't mind saying it.  I am.  And who is 'Henry Crabbe' you may ask?  Why he is the main character in "Pie In The Sky," a British tv series of a bit back.  I'm renting it from our Library System.  We're on the 3rd Season now.  :-)

Oh yes, I know!  -sigh-  He played the worst 'muggle' of them all, in 'Harry Potter.'  But I love him as the Detective/Chef in "Pie In The Sky."  :-)))) 
.
When we went to the orchard shop, to get the Mac apples for the pie...    I found this quite pretty Photo Op.  :-)  Sun, through Maple Syrup bottles.


"Uncle A." was way down in the apple bin, which contained the Mackintosh Apples.  The only ones he wants in his Apple Pies.  Note that there weren't that many left.
 

This is a picture, taken across another bin full of apples...  With him leaning down, to get the Macs.  There were lots of bins full of apples.  But must be, the Macs are the most popular.  Maybe...?


I'm finding more and more delicious Lactose Free items.  This being Creamy Goat Cheese with Roasted Red Peppers.  Yummmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!  :-)

Must use Bell's Seasoning, in the turkey stuffing.  Must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you too, Dear Reader, use Bell's Seasoning?


"A skinny cook can't be trusted."

"Old cooks never die, they just get deranged."

"Hunger is the best sauce."

"Life is short, eat dessert first."

"Chocolate........Coffee........Men.......some things are better rich!"

"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon, or not at all."

"Life is so brief that we should not glance either too far backwards or forwards...therefore study how to fix our happiness in our glass and in our plate."

"Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze."



17 comments:

Deb said...

I love that shot of the maple syrup so cool... Never seen the spice... But hubby buys them at the restaurant supply place....those apples look great

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love the maple syrup pic! love those maple leaf bottles! i don't think i have ever made an apple pie with just mackintosh? bells seasoning is the best!!! i have trouble finding it sometimes.

The Cranky said...

I've never seen Bell's seasoning around here...would love to try it, although the other two Bletherskites already complain about how I skimp on salt.

Maple syrup, yum! When growing up on the family farm we made our own maple syrup every spring; love the stuff!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

first things first, my motto IS
"Life is short, eat dessert first."
i love the maple syrup shot and those leaves are beautiful. i am wondering how much those bottle of syrup cost. i love maple syrup, but is is 8 dollars for that size bottle, so i rarely buy it. great post and Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. you are right those therapy dogs were so hug-gable and i got losts of loving

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i've never heard of Bell Seasoning. i love him in Harry Potter ... even though is so so mean. but great actor. enjoy your apples. ( :

Rian said...

Yes, Detective Crabbe is wonderful in Pie in the Sky. And our favorite apple pie is made with a batch of mixed apples! A friend went up north and brought us a bag of different varieties. We put them together in a pie and loved it.

mxtodis123 said...


Love that photo of the syrup. Fantastic shot.
Mary

The Old Parsonage said...

Morning

Mac's are may go to apple for sauce, pies and eating - yum love the tartness.

Bells Seasoning in stuffing? Nope. I do use a pinch of it in my chicken and turkey salads though. My MIL uses it in her stuffing, but Mum never does so I don't either.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Leann

Donna said...

Love Pie in the Sky! You also need to check out Kingdom, starring Stephen Fry! I've been watching it all week on Huluplus.com on my computer. Love IT!!
hughugs

Vickie said...

Hi Auntie! We bought some of those lovely syrup bottles on our trip for family/friends! They made it home IN OUR SUITCASES unbroken (inside a zip-lock bag) wrapped in socks and t-shirts! LOL!

Apple pie... yum - those apples look delish - I like Galas to munch on but those Macs sure make a great pie!

Happy Thanksgiving, Auntie, to you and yours!

Vickie said...

Oh yeah - I am not familiar with that spice, but sure would love to have some (I like the box - you could work it into your Thanksgiving decor...LOL)

Vee said...

Oh yes, John made me pick up that spice for stuffing. I kept circling around and he kept saying that I needed it. I finally said if he thought so...such cute graphics on the box if nothing else. I'm doctoring a mix anyway so there's nothing from scratch. I have a strange family...my daughter thinks that nothing is better in this world than those lemon pies from Hostess with the glaze on the crust so I'm attempting to make some for her so that she won't be bereft now that there are none left in the vending machine at her work. Ha!

I think you love that actor because he looks like Uncle A's more portly brother or something. What do you think?

Enjoy the preps! Hope that you have good help with the apple pie. I do so hate to bake an apple pie.

Chatty Crone said...

"A skinny cook can't be trusted." I can be trusted. And I don't know what Bell's seasoning is. sandie

HappyK said...

You've mention Pie in the Sky before, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I will.

I like the idea of eating dessert first! : )

I've never used Bell's seasoning because I've never heard of it before.

Annie Cholewa said...

Haha, Pie in the Sky first showed about 15 years ago here in the UK. Such fun!

bj said...

I love apple pie to the moon and back and, yep, I love nothing better than a big slab of cheese, melted on top of my slice of pie. :))

No...never heard of this spice.
Black pepper, salt, butter, herbs....these are the things we use on our turkey.

Speaking of turkey, I hope your Thanksgiving is one of the very best. :))
xo bj

Linda said...

The photos are SO pretty I want to go back and look some more! Ah...that maple syrup! And those APPLES!!! Great pics and I am SO enjoying my frosty leaves desktop background! Thank you very much!!