Thursday, November 1, 2012

♥ Goodnight October... ♥

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 


Our 2 year old "Grand" next door, came over in the morning, to show 'Pop' and 'Nana' his costume.



He was a green Dinosaur this year!  And it gave 'Nana' a chance to show him her
sparkly black Witch Cape and so-fancy Purple Witch hat.  So he wouldn't be surprised, later.



Pay no attention to the cob webs in the picture, please.  It's only when the morning sun shines directly in there, that one sees them.  -gigggggles- 

Gabe was fine with my Witch Costume.  He could see that it was 'Nana' *in-there.*  But then I picked up my broom and asked him if he thought I could fly on it?  He backed away a bit.  I asked him, if he would like to fly on my broom with me, if I got it to fly?  He backed away, a bit more.

OK!  Cape and Hat are cool with Gabe.  Getting used to talk of Broom Flying, will take a wee bit more time.  -giggggles-

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  

Quite a few Trick Or Treaters, as I expected.  Lots of college kids.  (We live across from a college)  They were on their way down to the Big Halloween Event, down a few streets.   Gracious!  She  even had "A Capella Singers," performing songs like "Ghost Busters"!!!  And giving out huge Willy Wonka Chocolate Bars, etc.  How could any neighbor-hood-little-bags-of-candy, compete?

When "Uncle A." got home from working at the store, at 6PM.....  There was practically a traffic jam, near and in front of that *McMansion*!  He turned and came home, up another street.

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥   

We watched "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".  I love that one.  And the traditional Christmas one.  Don't get-into the Thanksgiving one, as much.  Guess I can't quite accept a bunch of children, having to have their own Thanksgiving......   -grumble, grumble, grumble-  :-)

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 

I was looking for something on the theme of "Putting October To Sleep."  But found this instead.  It is quite lovely.  If you have a hard time, transitioning from waking to sleep time, especially with children, perhaps you would enjoy this post....   Actually, it has a lot of Wisdom, for all of us.  No matter what our time of life, etc.

"Putting The House To Sleep"



Goodnight  October... 

..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..~..*+*+*+..+* *.* *+..*+*+*+..    

22 comments:

Pearl said...

This time of year is so much fun -- and so much work! But aren't they all?!

I do love that witch's hat, even if you CAN't fly. :-)

Greetings from Minneapolis,

Pearl

jaz@octoberfarm said...

glad to hear you had a good halloween! the dinosaur is so cute! not one trick or treater here...not one!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i love your costume, really cool and that is the cutest dinosaur i have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

I think you look wonderful! Our grand daughter was a green dinosaur too!

Vee said...

Gabe is so cute...bet that he had fun.

Nellie said...

That is one more cute dinosaur! No "spooks" at all here last night. I didn't even don my costume!:(

Happy first day of November! The dishes in your header are beautiful!

mxtodis123 said...

Gabe is such a little sweetheart. You are blessed.
Mary

The Cranky said...

Oh my, the world's cutest dinosaur with the most twinkly-eyed Grammy ever!

One wonders if the nouveau riche down the way were perhaps huge geeks with no friends in their earlier days and this is their 'Revenge of the Nerds' fantasy come true. Oh oops, was that unkind of me?

Don't be too tough on the Great Scot, his humour and laughter has kept us going through some very rough spells and gave me the courage to keep going out to face the public during the days when all I wanted to do was curl up in a little ball.

*hugs* You do know I adore you, right?

HappyK said...

Gabe was such a cute dinosaur!
You make a very friendly looking witch. : )
Halloween was a non event around my neighborhood. Didn't get any trick or treaters.

Donna said...

Awwww...what a little Cutie!
Love your costume as Well!!
We had NO treaters! Oh well, it's been slacking off for years now...
hughugs

JFM said...

I just love that little green dinosaur...so cute and adorable. BTW...so is his grandmother the sweet witch :)

We live in the country so we had only four trick-or-treaters...actually five when you count our granddaughter.

Well at the "mansion" it sounds as if all were having a wonderful halloween...except maybe Uncle A. in the traffic jam!

Love the cobwebs...so "halloweenish" :)

Happy November, Auntie :)

britney said...

Nice to meet you, Auntie! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post. It's always nice to connect with kindred spirits :) Thanks for linking to my blog!
Britney @ www.baretribe.blogspot.com

britney said...

Oh by the way, your witch costume is adorable!! (as is your little green dinosaur :) haha)

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Auntie

Love that pic with you and Gabe and how he's sticking out his tushie in the shot from behind!

I watched The Great Pumpkin too!

Happy November!
Leann

Rian said...

Dinosaur costume very cute! Wouldn't have seen the cobwebs if you hadn't mentioned them... had to go back to look.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

the two of you look so cute. i love the dino costume ... i want one for me. i would wear it well. ha. ha!! (:

Chatty Crone said...

Hey you ended up a lot prettier then me! And your grandson is a doll!

Deb said...

so glad yall had your special photo op...you are both adorable...

Mrs. Micawber said...

What a snuggly-looking dinosaur. I love that so many kids' costumes look as though they could double as pajamas. :)

Love the new header and background!

Sally Wessely said...

Sounds like a perfect Halloween. We did not get one, not even one, trick or treater.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Looks like you had a fun time at your house last night! You look like a really cool witch and little Gabe is so cute as a dinosaur!

Chatty Crone said...

Hey girl - I was looking for your email - you didn't have to do that! And I see a couple of my friends here too. sandie