Friday, December 28, 2012

Snow! And "The Bacon Story"... :-)


Yes, I admit, we are no longer "The Land That Snow Forgot"!  :-)

We didn't get a "lot-lot".  But certainly enough, that it won't disappear with one day of sunlight.

Guess I had better share the "Bacon For Christmas" story...  :-)

Both these "Grands" love to have "Pop" (aka "Uncle A.") make them his "Toasted-Bacon-And-Peanut-Butter-Sandwiches", when they are over here.  LOVE 'em!  But neither of their households usually buys bacon.  So they can't recreate them (his "Toasted-Bacon-And-Peanut-Butter-Sandwiches") at home.  One year, we gave them each, their own package of bacon.  And now we HAVE TO remember to give this present to them, EVERY Christmas.  :-)

One of those silly-but-fun traditions, which go to make for fun at Christmas Time.   Does your Family have one of them, too??????????

...***...

"Oh, for the good old days 
when people would stop Christmas shopping 
when they ran out of money."
~Unknown





16 comments:

Vee said...

How does that recipe go? John and I are having trouble with the details, besides not being able to imagine the combination of p,nut butter and bacon.

Rian said...

Well, I love Peanut Butter... by itself or pretty much with anything so I can't imagine PB and bacon wouldn't be good. I even have an African Chicken PB soup recipe we all love. So... guess I'll put this combination on my New Years list. Thanks.

mail4rosey said...

Everything tastes better w/bacon, or so they say. :)

We give chocolate oranges in the stockings each year. The oldest is married and still wants one. In fact this yr. he told me his wife doesn't like them but to put one in her stocking too so he could eat it. -_-

lol I gave her dark chocolate truffles instead (her fave). ;)

Deb said...

Love that tradition... Great memories

mxtodis123 said...

Love the snow. We have some, very little,snow coming tomorrow. Planning on sitting in the old rocker and watching it fall. Have a great weekend.
Mary

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a great fun tradition! i bet they will carry it on when they have their kids! you got about the same amount of snow as we have. we have more on the way! i sure hope i get my computer back today!

Anonymous said...

thats a great tradition, wonderful photos, love the header,

The Old Parsonage said...

Christmas PJ's for everyone! Love the idea of bacon and pb. I love pb and pickle sandwiches!

Leann

JFM said...

Beautiful photos of winter's snowy blanket...very pretty :)

I love bacon and Uncle A's sandwich sounds very yummy...I must try it!!!

I'll bet it does become a "family tradition"~~~

Warm Hugs,
Jan

The Cranky said...

What a fun tradition!

Around here at least one gift has to be funny, so I guess you could say we have a family tradition of laughter. I received a 'Fairy Capture' kit in my stocking....=D

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Toasted-Bacon-And-Peanut-Butter-Sandwiches? I am intrigued. Can Uncle A make me one???

HappyK said...

Thanks for the bacon story.
No, I'm sorry to say we don't have any thing like that at my house!

Dee said...

They must be good to warrant the excitement over the bacon gift :) I think it is fun to set up new and fun traditions. I like a BLT on occasion.

Jackie said...

Glad you shared the bacon story; I was making up all kinds of reasons! :))
Love your snow photos. The snow looks so soft and beautiful. Enjoy!!
(We don't ever get any.)
Love,
Jackie

Chatty Crone said...

I am trying to think about peanut butter and bacon together. Hmmm.

Ellen in Oregon said...

I love your bacon tradition. I grew up eating PB&Bacon sandwiches. Around 1965 Skippy made peanut butter with bacon bits. It was great and kids didn't need bacon to be cooked for them to enjoy the tasty combo. A couple of times a year I still make a PB&B and they never fail to be delicious. I hate the greasy mess of cooking bacon so I bake it on a rack in the oven (a whole package at a time) and them freeze the extra strips. This way I can pull out just what I need without the need to drag out the frying pan. A few second in the microwave and your in business. It will keep well for a couple of months. Your grandsons might like that tip.
Your snow looks like it will be sticking around - so enjoy!