♥
WHERE IS MY SIDEBAR???
I have a Sidebar. But it's not at the Side of my blog. It's at the Bottom of my blog. :-) Since I only show 2 posts, it's not too far down, to scroll to the bottom, to see my Sidebar. :-)
Most of the Valentine decorations are down. Dumped on the kitchen island. Now comes the interesting part! Putting them up, here and there, and round about.
{*Shadow,* of light... On the hearth room ceiling... From my so-called-Tiffany lamp. :-)}
On the Topic of blogging, for people who view blogs on mobile devices...
A Dear Reader pointed me to a couple of sites, to check how one's blog looks, on different mobile devices. One worked, and my blog looked TERRIBLE. I couldn't work the other checking site.
On the Topic of blogging, for people who view blogs on mobile devices...
A Dear Reader pointed me to a couple of sites, to check how one's blog looks, on different mobile devices. One worked, and my blog looked TERRIBLE. I couldn't work the other checking site.
I do my blogging, on a computer. I read and comment on blogs, on a computer. "On-a-computer", is all I will fret about.
Expecting a carefully-put-together blog, to show up well on a mobile device, is like expecting the Sistine Chapel Ceiling to show up, in a pic, taken on a point-and-snap camera.
Perhaps this (use of mobile devices) will be another part of the whittling down, of the Pretty Blogging World. Some blogs, I can see being read on those tiny screens. Other beautiful, well thought out blogs, with lovely photography (NOT My Photography!!)... I can't imagine being fully appreciated on those tiny screens.
So I can see less and less Viewers, for large and carefully put together blogs. Which is just another example of how-nothing-stays-the-same. The only constant, is change. And in today's world, another constant is, that everything must be quicker and more compact.
And that is my (grumpy) story, and I am sticking to it. -grin-





15 comments:
I do almost all of my blog viewing from a computer and I so 100% of my posting from a computer. I only recently discovered that blogs from blogger look different when viewed from a mobile phone. My blog looks COMPLETELY different on my phone. There are no pictures or anything - just text. Oh well, I shall continue to use the antiquated desktop computer :)
Auntie, I do 100% of my posting and commenting on my desktop, but I do read comments as they appear in my email on my iPhone. And I can view my blog 'pictures and all' on my iPhone.
And we have 'not Tiffany' Tiffany lamps too - 2 on our bedside tables and one in the front room.
love that lamp, tiffany or not. and i don't own an iphone so it matters not to me what mine looks like
Once I tried blogging on my Kindle...once and only once. Have a great weekend.
Mary
Hmmm...what is the link? Please share so that we might know how to check it.
I'd like to be quicker and more compact - me that is not necessarily my blog:)
I blog on my computer; I will blogs occasionally on my Smart Phone, but my Smart Phone needs to repeat a grade; it's not as smart as it needs to be.
Hugs,
J.
I sometimes look at my blog on my phone and yeah they are way different. But would never use it on there, laptop works way better.
I do all my blogging from my nice big screened computer. I like a big screen.
I use my laptop only when I'm away from home and I think that is too small. : )
i only blog on my laptop. this alone is complicated enough for me!
Auntie I do mine on my computer. Who can read a mobile phone - only the young with good eyes...
On my iPad now and your blog looks great. I will also visit one or two more times today and one of them will probably be on the desk top. This device is saving my back.
I only have a lap top and that is enough. Perhaps next summer I'll get a fancy phone....but I won't know how to use it!
I have my trusted and true lap top that is about six years old. I do not have any of the phones and stuff that is out. I do not feel the need for them as of yet.
I like your Sistine Chapel metaphor.
In this sadly degenerate world, I fear that bloggers will soon be reduced to tweet-size posts because no one will have the patience to read anything longer than 140 characters.
We must hold the standard high and keep up the verbiage. And the pretty photos! :)
I tested my blog look on mobile devices...it looks ok on both sites I checked.
A grand told me last year that the really big photos are always distorted on the mobiles like Ipods and etc so I try to keep mine just medium sized. Don't know much about the mobile devices other than some day, I doubt we even have desktop computers...we'll be doing all our blogging on much smaller devices, I think.
O well, let's don't worry about it til it happens...:))
Post a Comment