Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My reading of "Women Who Run With The Wolves" is already paying off.  On Sat. I brought out my paper, brushes and water colors, and began........

Just a beginning...  And I didn't seem to be able to get a photo of what I did, with enough WHITE-ness showing in the photo.  But today/Sun. I'll try a different way of photographing it.


The BEGINNING, was/is so important.  I have been wanting to try Water Coloring, for a long time.  Too long a time.  Saturday's happening, was a break-through.    -happy sigh-


I am still reading the book.  It is long and it is deep, but it is being worth it.  To have given my inner Wild Woman enough Strength, to call me to get out my paper, brushes, colors..........  And to begin and finish one simple little piece.  

It may be just one...  But it feels like *a million*...  :-)

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Trying to capture morning sunlight....   As "sparkles" on snow and "light shadows" on inside wall...


You *have* to tell me, that you see that 3 "sparkles" to the left side of the photo!!!  ,-)))


*Shadows* of Light, on brick wall beside fireplace...


"The night was clear and frosty,
all ebony of shadow 
and silver of snowy slope;
big stars were shining over the silent fields."
~Lucy Maud Montgomery




"Sparkle" left...  "Sparkle" right...  :-)

♥♥♥♥♥♥


THANK YOU for the comment/replies to my question of yesterday...   I enjoy every 'take.' view and reply!  But me-thinks I need to do a post some day, on what the term "Crone" means to me. 

It's not an easy term to figure out, without some "digging."  But you know me!  I love to "DIG"!!!




11 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I had a great aunt who did a lot of water coloring. I wonder if my family has some of her old work somewhere. I only see two sparkles in the picture and I can't find the third! It's bugging me :)

JFM said...

YEA, AUNTIE!!! I am so happy for you! You started and that is progress and a nice start it was, too.

As for the "sparkles"... why am I seeing so many but no one else is :)

I must try to find the book you are reading and see if I can get into it as well.

Hugs,
Jan

Susie said...

Auntie, I saw the sparkles:):) Can't wait to see your watercolors. Sometimes I think I need a partner in crime , to get myself involved with fun things. Have fun today.xoxo, Susie

Jackie said...

I see more than 3 sparkles in your photo.
Continue to enjoy what you love...
Hugs to you, my friend.
Jackie

Vee said...

Yes, I see the sparkles that, thanks to Jill, I know are actually hoar frost on the top of the snow. So very pretty. And those are very pretty hearts, too. Do you remember the watercolorist on PBS who used to do amazing pastorals of English fields filled with lambs and rocks? He always used a hair blower so he could keep working.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

lovely sparkles. i love to paint!

Pat Hatt said...

You are going right to town, here's hoping many more come as you finish up and your inner wild woman continues to break free haha

Linda said...

Good for you!! You will never regret the time you spend painting! I find I can do MORE than I ever thought I could. But until the moment we actually pick up that brush we will never do the things we CAN! It takes time to set things up in order to paint - but do it often enough it is easier to say YES to that date with our creative self! Keep it up! Make it a priority! Keep your 'date!' If not now - then when? You GO, Girl!!

Deb said...

I see the sparkles....love your watercolor painting...that is awesome....wish I had painting skills..

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Auntie...I'm back! It seems like I've been away from blogland a long time and I'll have to catch up. When it's not so late.
Yes! I see sparkles! Great job with the camera. And I love that you've begun to water paint. It looks like you have some nice tools to work with. I've been toying with the idea of trying my hand again at oil painting. I'm sure all the little tubes of paint I had are all dried up now. I did a little bit years ago, but for some reason just quit. Maybe you will motivate some of the rest of us to get our creative side moving again! Have fun!

Dee said...

Found the three sparkles...I think. I was excited to see all those brushes and water color on your counter...the hearts look nice... a perfect way to start. Have fun and share share share :)