♥
I'm running out of blogging inspiration. Perhaps it's because I'm getting tired of all the Valentine's Day Stuff. :-)))) This happens to me often... After I've done a lot of *decorating* for a particular holiday, I'm sick of it, before the holiday actually occurs. ,-) ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ This is not earth-shaking. Just an observation.
Dee is going to try night-time-photography! She is going to use her Night Time Setting, for the first time. Hooooray! Please share all you notice/learn, about this, Dee. Because I have never, never, never mastered it. But love some of the effects.... Of photos, after dark.... Especially what this does, to how forms of light, appear. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Hehhh, how about that???? I did find some more blogging inspiration! From another blogger! Thank you Dee.
Since I'm on this 'blogging-stuff-kick', I might as well continue. :-) Since it's so, so, so near to being finished with Valentine's Day stuff, WHAT will I choose next? I've had a couple of ideas, for trying to water-color a new Background. (Hmmmm, what is the proper way to express that???? How say "DO a water-color"? It's not "painting" like oils or acrylics are... It's not simply drawing... Hmmmm...???)
I suppose I should ask the Master Mistress Of Water Coloring... Susan Branch. :-) I should also ask her, what kind of lighting she uses? Or rather, what kind of lighting is used, when her Art is photographed??? Here, the best way for me to take a pic of something I did, is to lay it on white board, on the floor, in the full sunlight pouring in Den door.... ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ But this does not, not, not strike me as the only way!!! LOL.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen
to represent Valentine's Day.
When I think about romance,
the last thing on my mind is a short,
chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."
~Author Unknown
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen
to represent Valentine's Day.
When I think about romance,
the last thing on my mind is a short,
chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."
~Author Unknown
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥





15 comments:
Yeah I can see how by the time the day comes it's just meh, need less anticipation haha not that valentines day is something to anticipate for me, christmas is the main one.
I do this with Christmas. I get so unbelievably excited about the buildup and the anticipation, songs, decorations, preperations, etc. that when the actual day comes it's kind of a letdown ool.
I would Try night time photography but I think I'm too lazy to pull out the tripod!Hahaaaa
hughugs
Hi
Just noticed your mirrors above the fireplace. How have I missed them before - I'm JEALOUS!!! Love them!
xo
awesome shot at the end of your post of the lamp that i have envy over... you could do what i do and not decorate for holidays. the only one i decorate for is Christmas and that is very little. my house is like my blog, just plain old plain. it is funny how our personality's come out in our blogs... and that is a good thing since it would be boring if every block was the same.. how about paint some Chicks or decorated eggs?
Paint is paint! Watercolor is a medium like oils or acrylic. You simply PAINT!!!! Now I went through a watercolor period and experimented with the different papers available. I found they present totally different looks to what I was doing. It was fun for me to do washes over color over previous washes. Then I would cut the paper into book markers, punch a hole for a ribbon tassel and oftentimes write a verse or saying with a calligraphy marker. I still have some of these book marks that turn up from time to time around here. Most of them I gave away as 'tuck in's' when I would send a card to someone.
As to a theme......there are endless possibilities!!! Dark background with 'snow' drops flung on top. Shamrocks? Flowers? Ivy? seascapes, trees,.....
I must STOP!! I am just about to talk myself into opening up the art cabinet and I have other things to DO today!!
Susan Branch is indeed the QUEEN of watercolor and I have you to thank for the link to her blog last year!
Whatever you do and whatever you paint - enjoy yourself!!
Auntie, It is getting a bit tough to come up with nice blogging ideas.I don't do crafts everyday, I don't go to interesting places daily. I no longer belong to clubs. Soon we will be able to go outdoors and photograph our gardens. xo,Susie
I am not really into holidays and don't decorate for them except Christmas.
I've not decorated my home, but I do have hearts at work and bought a pretty little pen with feathers and a heart that lights up when you write with it. I love your pictures.
Mary
I'm sure that she'd tell you, Auntie. Go ahead and ask.
Will be watching for any tips Dee has to offer about the night time setting. My night time setting takes a picture with a big old flash, which I hate.
I'm rather weary of Valentine's Day myself. Hmmm...on to the next thing!
I haven't taken many night time photos. Didn't have a lot of success with the ones I managed. I would love to know how that works.
I don't decorate for Valentine's Day. I might if the grands lived close by. I am ready to move forward. Won't do much with St Pat's. I am more inclined toward Easter decorating, but really don't do much of that.
After blogging every single day in January, I am taking a rest. Maybe three times per week. Luckily had a project to write about this week. Of course there are always the tables. Even those aren't as elaborate, lately.
I am determined to do all the Back Porch "work" myself, including the photography. It's what keeps me sane.:-)
Haven't really thought much about Valentine's Day except that I'm going to make heart-shaped peanut butter cookies! :))
Love,
Jackie
I believe I know how you feel, Auntie. The only holiday that I never tire of is "Halloween" and I could post about my "wanna be wiccan" heart all of the time, too :) If I had the blog that I really wanted...it would be MOSTLY about autumn, halloween, witches, ghosts, hauntings and things that go bump-in-the-night because this is just who I am :D
I would love to see some of those night photos...how fantastic!!!
Bih Hugs,
Jan
I'm tired of the Valentine hype. I'll be glad to move on. I'm ready to move on to thinking spring! I've been reading some gardening books and looking at flowers and trying to decide what to try this year.
I'll be interested in seeing what you find out about night photography.
Have fun painting!
Yes I did try the night time photo. All I did was use the setting that said night setting. It is suppose to automatically set it up for me.It took about three or four try's to get a half way decent shot of the Grace rock. May be that I was suppose to turn off the flash...I will keep playing with it.I think a new watercolor back ground for your blog would be fun for you to try again. Spring has all kinds of inspiration. Happy valentine ♥
Post a Comment