♥
We are moaning and groaning about a Lingering Winter. I went back a few years, and found this March 28, 2008 blog entry... Which I copy below...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, March 28, 2008
Me'thinks I 'jumped the gun'...
Tell me! What pray tell, is she looking sad about? Surrounded by lovely flowers, as she is?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here was the neighbor's cat, visiting yesterday. Over to have a drink
of water from the bird bath pond. Click on photo and see it larger...
to see the little bit of green growing between the rocks...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what would greet her, today!
And this...
And this...
And this...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where oh where did you go, Printemps????????????
(Prints Source)
~*~*~*~*~*~
ADDITION:
I forgot to add the only redeeming feature, to this snow.
There is an old saying, around these parts. "Spring snow is the poor man's manure."
Hope that helps those, with Spring Snow. 'Cause it's the best I can do. >,-)
~*~*~*~*~*~
ADDITION:
I forgot to add the only redeeming feature, to this snow.
There is an old saying, around these parts. "Spring snow is the poor man's manure."
Hope that helps those, with Spring Snow. 'Cause it's the best I can do. >,-)
~*~*~*~*~*~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this copy of a 5 year old post, goes to show, that this kind of weather is normal, for "my neck of the woods". And I should realize this!








15 comments:
i have found a couple of blogs this morning that are showing last year and this year and most of them are buried in snow. at least the melting snow will give some badly needed water...hope it helps with the drought that is killing our country.
we had a bad late snow in 2010! we are in for one tomorrow too. are you going to get it? it might be going south of you.
I like that saying...we need moisture here..it's raining this morning...
Hope it is all done now, I remember it went later here other years too, not fun.
March is March...unpredictable. It is my least favorite month only when it brings on the grumbles that come along with the Spring fever it produces.
Forgot to add..in March last year Michigan was having rare 80 degree weather.
Auntie, last March we were in the 60s', and 70s', with an 80 or two...this year we can't make it out of the 30s'!!! Our weather people are saying that with all of the snow we still have on the ground that we should be happy about a slow snow melt...it's good for the farmers that way.
That black kitty is so pretty :)
Hugs, Jan
We're getting more snow now in drips and drabs then we got when they predicted it.
Leann
I guess every year we are just anxious for spring to get here.
Seems EVERYTHING changes! Weather, blogger, Facebook, the only CONSTANT is 'Change!'
I like the "point" you've made in this post.
And the "poor man's manure..." never thought of snow that way, but it makes sense.
Oh my goodness at all the snow!!!
But, it's beautiful to look at.
I hope that spring is in your immediate future.
Take care, my friend....
They are beautiful ... your snowy photos I mean ... but aren't we all just ready for a leetle more warmth?
P.S. I took a RIDE today!!!!! (In 36º weather. But still, a ride. Spring weather MUST be coming soon.) :)
I will probably read Vampires in the Lemon Grove because I won't be able to help myself. Swamplandia completely freaked me out! WHY, oh, WHY did I ever read that one????? HORRIBLE story!!!
Thanks for reading my blog!
xo,
RJ
Wow a snowy retrospective :)
Post a Comment