Saturday, May 4, 2013

Juicing~~~'Critters'~~~New Info~~~Musing~~~Etc.

Need a duck feather?  :-)  See the white feather, floating right in the middle of the pic, ON the pool cover?  There were 2 ducks on the pool, this morning.  I scared them away, when opening the blind.  Just as well.  I don't like them floating around (and pooooping) on the pool cover.  Even if that water is pumped off...

Brand new Juicer!

Next door decided to keep their Juicer.  But had a coupon for money-off a new one.  So we got the new one.  Off to get green veggies, at the Farmer's Market today.  :-)  ~~~~~~   Thing is, fruit is easy, and delicious to Juice.  I need to learn to get all kinds of veggies, into our Juice.
 
Can you see the old cat, right in the middle of the pic?  You'll see 'Snowflake' easier, in the next 2 pics.  Old and movin' slow.  Don't think the birds have much to worry about, from her, anymore.  :-)

I'm reading/enjoying another of the "Ruth Galloway Mysteries."  You find lots of interesting things, in these books!  One I learned was ....  That a group of ravens can be called 'An unkindness of ravens.'  ~~~~~~~  I knew that a group of crows is called 'A murder of crows".  But the raven group name, was new to me.
 
Learned another couple of new words...  "Normalcy Bias".  A mental state people enter, when facing a disaster.  The assumption is made, that since a disaster never has occurred, then it will never occur.  -sigh-
Normalcy Bias link...

I might also call it "Living In La La Land"...  Ya' know, that attitude that everything will work out fine, and everything is "taken care of"...  Which, from reading here, you know, is NOT my natural view.  -chuckle-
 


11 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

please let me know how you like your juicer. is it easy to clean. i had a really super duper juicer but it was such a pain to clean that i gave it away!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

that is one jazzy looking juicer. be sure to let us know how it works. love the kitty by the pond pics. and i have not hear the unkindness of crows, but i can tell you of thinking unkind thoughts of the one that is in our yard going HAH HAH HAH all day long. i love it when the mocking bird dives at him

Pat Hatt said...

haha some like la la land, took me a second to find the feline in the first one and yeah duck poop ewww

Donna said...

Nice juicer Auntie!! You'll have fun with that...
Nope, couldn't see Snowflake in the first shot...she's good at hiding!Hahaa
hughugs

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Have never heard of the normalcy bias until now...interesting. Sounds a lot like denial doesn't it?

Jackie said...

Unkindness of ravens is a new term for me, too.
Hope you love your juicer!

HappyK said...

I didn't see the cat at first. She really blends in!!

I guess I'm one of those people who live in La La Land. : )

Susie said...

Love the puzzle your husband made. Those crazy ducks,can't wait for the pool to open.xo,Susie

Linda said...

We have a huge juicer! SO big I can't fit it on the counter! Juicers are amazing!

Anonymous said...

thats a beauty of a juicer, my fatherinlaw has one like that, you always make me smile and you always teach me something new when I visit, I like the bit about the ravens!

Carla said...

Well I just learned 2 things
"An unkindness and A murder"
I had never heard those terms when talking about crows.
Very interesting.
Thanks for sharing that tidbit.