♡*♡*♡*♡
I picture my husband's beautiful "Old Roses." Since I'll soon have to change my Header pic, to show the present season. Because...
♡
This is what happened on Thursday.
♡
And by Friday, when the sun came out, our last-of-the-"Old Roses" was drooped to the ground. -sigh- I'd hoped to get a last pic of them, touched by frost. But, not this year...
♡
Silly snow...
♡
Pic taken to the South, out one of the Den windows, on Friday. I really wanted to show the pretty tree, in the next yard.
Before it too, loses its leaves.
♡
And we are (maybe) due for the first Nor'ester of the Season!
Time for gathering round the hearth, and ladling out some hot and bubbling soup.
♡
Btw, did you ever visit the source of that painting above? "The Duchess of Devonshire's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century." Doesn't that sound like fun?!?
♡
♡
"A grandmother pretends
she doesn't know who you
are on Halloween."
~Erma Bombeck ♡*♡*♡*♡♡*♡*♡*♡♡*♡*♡*♡♡*♡*♡*♡

9 comments:
We had a heckuva hail and sleet storm on Thursday too. But I think for once the east coast is going to beat us on snowfall. I am giggling under my breath :).
Oh yes, some delicious soup and a bread for supper I think. I just learned about a chamomile tea chicken soup. Sounds good, eh?
Last year, I was most insensitive to my daughter-in-law who hated to see autumn come because it meant the death of her flowers. This year, I understand her grief much better.
We'll remember them, though, in the chill of winter, won't we?
Ah, we've got the snow here today. Can't believe how hard it is coming down. Already perhaps a half inch in the backyard. Too early for this. It just doesn't seem right.
Mary
Enjoyed your Erma Bombeck quote.... my grandmother used to ask her trick or treaters to sing before she gave them a little brown paper bag chockful of goodies. (Mmmm... seems to me, she pretended as Erma did!)
I was sorry to hear your part of the world got snow.... although the wind was sharp, we had sunshine and blue skies... so it was hard to imagine folks like you were white today.
A good evening to you... and may there be lots of cozy around you!
Sad that you didn't get some last pics of the roses before the snow came - but I loved your pics of the snow anyway!
Keep warm and cosy and make some hot soup to keep out the cold!
We had snow and sleet yesterday but not very much in my area. It is the first time that i can remember ever having snow in Oct. Today the sun is shining and the snow is a distant memory already!!
Brrrr! Soup sounds good.
It seems much too early for SNOW! We had it here only ONCE in my memory on OCT. 31st. Long years ago!
Louis Dean's roses are still blooming. Here in Texas they bloom all the way into Decemeber if the weather is right. The long stemmed ones do. Our climbing roses bloomed profusely at Easter and that was about it!
Stay warm!
Such pretty pictures.....but of course I am not there in the cold and YOU are!
We have our doors and windows open down here. AND the fireplace burning. It wouldn't be COOL enough if we shut the doors!
We are all praying for snow here this year...as always, West Texas needs the moisture.
I haven't built a fire in our stove yet this year..just getting all ready for it tho. My favorite time of year is winter...love it!
We had a big pot of homemade Veggie soup for the weekend and it surely was good.
xo bj
Post a Comment