Friday, June 15, 2012

♥ Barometer: FAIR :-)


 

Look at that delightful barometer!!!   Or rather, look at the delightful reading on that barometer!!!
Fair...   Fair...   And it's been this way...  And it will continue to be this way...

 
And just look at the great things which can be done, when the weather is fair...
Like running the family Edger machine...  I know, not a necessarily a FUN thing.  But something he's been wanting and waiting to do.  ,-)



Yes Dear Readers, it would be oh-so-much-more-delightful to be dressing for an afternoon Tea Party, held out side.  Wearing a dress, made from the above pattern...  Made by our own hands, of course.  ,-)




♫ ♪    Tra-la...  To a Garden Party, we will go...  Tra-la....   ♪  ♫

(Btw, do you see musical notes above, at the beginning and end of that line?)
 



Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes...  A Garden Party sounds delightful...




But I fear, I'm off to get my teeth cleaned, instead.  ,-))))


"I have made it a rule of my life never to regret and never to look back.   Regret is an appalling waste of energy ... you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in."
~~Katherine Mansfield


12 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

we are totally opposites in this, i love a picnic, but no dresses and no beautiful tea tables. give me a sandwich on a beach in a chair with my toes in the water, in shorts or bathing suit. i promised myself wheni retired that was the last day of my life i would wear a dress. so far so good. so where are the paper plates and plastic cups? hummm?

Vee said...

Oh how lovely! Just lovely to see all the pretty tables, dresses (I'd just like to be able to cinch a waist that way) and the delicious food (which might be why I am not waist cinching material anymore).

That's a very nice edger. I'm thinking I should put my name at the bottom of the list for the Family Edger myself. We have a nasty thing that John doesn't like and that scares me to death.

Smile a lot today! =D

Cheryl @ TFD said...

If I had a barometer, it would be pointing to very dry. Your yard looks so green and lush. Our yard does not. My hubby, trying to look on the bright side, says at least he hasn't had to mow so often.
The tea table looks lovely. I think your beautiful yard looks like a perfect spot for a garden party!

Donna said...

Lovely tea party...Have fun at the dentist!
hughugs

Muffie said...

We, too, are enjoying a few days of beautiful weather, and my husband is playing in the gardens. I love, love, love those old fashioned tea dresses, and YES, I would love a garden tea party!! As Sandra said, a day at the beach is great, but I also like the dainty little tea parties.
Peace,
Muff

Muffy's Marks said...

No tea for you.... will stain your clean teeth. I intend to have a tea party with my three granddaughters when they are all here in a couple of weeks. I even purchased hats for them from the Dollar Store. We should have a great time!!!

Muffy's Marks said...

No tea for you.... will stain your clean teeth. I intend to have a tea party with my three granddaughters when they are all here in a couple of weeks. I even purchased hats for them from the Dollar Store. We should have a great time!!!

crafty cat corner said...

Hi Aauntie Sezzzzzz
so nice of you to drop by my blog. Yes we almost have the same haircut, in fact mine is a bit longer at the moment as I have had a bee in my bonnet about growing it again. lol
Sadly it just doesn't swing like it did so it's all coming off again.

We had a barometer on the hall wall when I was hat home, it had a cracked glass where we were always tapping it to make it say what we wanted. lol

Your little saying is so true.
I'm going to copy and paste it on my desktop to remind me not to keep going back.
thankyou for that.

Keep happy, keep well
Briony
x

Linda said...

I had planned on edging and mowing today but, alas, it came a T-storm about 4:30 this morning and the ground is soaked. The Texas sun will dry out things in no time so I'll do it tomorrow.

Seeing the Folkwear pattern brought back memories. Once upon a time I sewed a LOT! I made many outfits for Amber and myself back in the day.

Love your beautiful yard!!

mxtodis123 said...

I'd love to go to an old-fashioned afternoon tea party. Those were the days.
Mary

Anonymous said...

We got a barometer when we first got married and we still have it. It is one of those items that has memories in it but no one knows but us.

Anonymous said...

We got a barometer when we first got married and we still have it. It is one of those items that has memories in it but no one knows but us.