(Source)
Btw, I don't mean to mislead you, Dear Readers. With Yesterday's Garden/Tea Party.... I just love the IDEA of such. I'd never try to put-one-on. Not even an indoor Tea Party, would I attempt. Plus, I don't really care for tea. I'm a coffee drinker. And now, a decaf coffee drinker -sigh-.
Btw, I don't mean to mislead you, Dear Readers. With Yesterday's Garden/Tea Party.... I just love the IDEA of such. I'd never try to put-one-on. Not even an indoor Tea Party, would I attempt. Plus, I don't really care for tea. I'm a coffee drinker. And now, a decaf coffee drinker -sigh-.
So, all in all, it is the lovely, gentle, soft, quiet, peaceful IDEA of such a Garden Party...

If you remember, I can not eat Gluten. So I make Gluten Free recipes, for myself. Was preparing my pan, for Corn Bread and... After spraying the pan, I realized that the Pam can says;
Made With REAL FLOUR.
Eeeeeeeek!
Had to clean the Pam out of the pan and start again, without this particular Pam.
~~~~~~~~~~~
My point? When one has a eating issue, one has to be *on-guard* all the time. -sigh- Even in the most unlikely of places, I might add.Ya' win some and Ya' lose some... I'm having a great time with "The Dark Is Rising" group of books.
~~~~~~~
"And Susan Cooper's "Dark is Rising Sequence" has joined the elite shelf of timeless books that are technically for kids, but not necessarily JUST for kids. With her use of myth and folklore, rich language, and a time-spanning battle between good and evil,..."
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
Written for kids, yes. But so is "The Hobbit" actually. Four young heros, a very interesting Great Uncle, finding a treasure map, in an attic, while visiting Cornwall, myth, folklore, Wild Magic that neither Old Ones nor the Dark can control, etc.... Delightful...!!! 5 short books worth too. I read one, in an afternoon/evening, and have 2 more now.
~~~~~~~
But... Disappointed in the above cozy mystery of the Victoria Square Mysteries. -sigh- It sounds delicious, but it was a bit tedious, to me. Gave up on it.
~~~~~~~
But I don't mean to put-off mystery readers. I'm probably not as patient, as a real mystery reader, should be. :-)
~~~~~~~
But... Disappointed in the above cozy mystery of the Victoria Square Mysteries. -sigh- It sounds delicious, but it was a bit tedious, to me. Gave up on it.
~~~~~~~
But I don't mean to put-off mystery readers. I'm probably not as patient, as a real mystery reader, should be. :-)
Just my husband's 'Old Roses'... :-)
Please have a peaceful rest of the weekend...
Please have a peaceful rest of the weekend...
"This is not a letter
but my arms about you
for a brief moment."
~~Katherine Mansfield ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥




7 comments:
I'm a coffee drinker as well, but for a garden tea party with crumpets, I'd be willing to switch for a day.
Mary
NOW I understand, i like the IDEA also of a tea party, the photo today is beautiful and i would like to have my coffee sitting at one of those tables in my capri pants. HA HA i gotcha now. i can't tell you how many times i buy something and get home and it is wrong like the Pam with flour. i liked it when there were one or two of each thing, not 10 of each. i will stand and read the can/bottle and decide wthe one to buy then get home and i picked up the wrong one. plus i don't figure out it is the wrong one until i have opened it and can't return it.
I still like the idea of a garden tea party (but I, too, drink coffee!)
I had to laugh about the "children's" books. I read a series a few years ago which took place in Victorian and Edwardian times, and when I reached the last book, I found out they were written for young readers. Well, the content was such that they SHOULD NOT have been written for them!
Peace,
Muff
No, you didn't mislead me. I remember when you served up champagne and strawberries at my tEa pArTy last summer. That was fun. Or was that the summer before? I forget.
That quote is beautiful.
OH, I do love Over Sea Under Stone.
Oh, I understood what you were saying. I often dream of tea parties and such myself, but I wouldn't attempt one, either. It's much more fun to look at the photos and just THINK about it! :D
Your roses are so beautiful and so is the quote! Enjoy your weekend!
I love tea parties and host them often. I haven't had one in awhile since I have been busy with one thing and another. Spring fall and winter are better seasons for tea parties than summer in Texas.
Louis Dean and I continue to sit outside at night having a glass of wine before bed. It is quite comfortable as yet. The heat will come where we have to stay up very LATE inorder to enjoy being oustdoors!
Post a Comment