Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Looking for the recipe for.......................




 Thank you Dear Readers, 
for your answers to my question, 
 on yesterday's post.



(Source)


Still looking for recipe for Gladys Taber's "Cranberry Island Stew"...


Found a recipe for Wild Rice and Cranberry Soup...


Found a recipe for  Cranberry Beef Stew...

And I found Winter Cranberry Beef Stew......

And a recipe for Bison Cranberry Stew........

Brandied Cranberry Short-Rib Stew!!!  Since "Uncle A." makes GRRRRREAT Short-Rib Crock Pot dinners, I'd like him to try this one.  Mmmmm, I wish it was cooking away, in the kitchen, right now!!!



A link to Great Cranberry Island, Maine...


Have you Dear Reader, ever heard of a recipe for Gladys Taber's "Cranberry Island Stew"?

Please share, if you have.

Until we find the original...

Do any of the above recipes, sound good to you?



"And they bought an Owl, and a useful Cart,/
And a pound of Rice, and a Cranberry Tart."
~~Edward Lear





16 comments:

Deb said...

Haven't seen any of those will have to check them out

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i never heard of that stew. i don't know if i would like cranberries in my stew. i've never tried it before.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

These stews all look quite unique. I have to admit, the Brandied Cranberry Short-Rib Stew made my mouth water.

Vee said...

I suppose if we Google we'll find you now! =D You really did your homework and I'm sure that one of these is very close to hers. If you do try any, would you review them please? Now we've turned your kitchen into a test kitchen. Besides, Uncle does love to cook!

Muffy's Marks said...

I have nothing for Cranberries. Sorry!!! I do have an recipe for an awesome wild rice dish though!!!

Vickie said...

Wow, that last one Uncle A OUGHT to make Definitely!

Since we don't grow cranberries down here in the heat of Texas, we'll have to enjoy your Gladys Taber Cranberry Stew through osmosis...

:)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i had no idea all this existed, the only cranberries i have ever eaten is the cranberry salad, and the whole or jellied cranberry in Ocean spray cans... all of these sound good...i checked the ocean spray sight and only cranberry chicken stew on there.

mxtodis123 said...

I've never heard of that recipe. I do love the look of those beef stews and may just have to try them...salt free of course.
Mary

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The last recipe I can imagine would smell divine while cooking. But, I'd really rather have my cranberries on the side. Much like pineapple. I love pineapple, but don't like it mixed in with other food. Hope you find your recipe!

mail4rosey said...

My in-laws our Native American (100%) and I bet they'd like that Bison recipe. I'll pass it along to my mother-in-law. :)

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't know you could make so many hings from cranberries. They look good. I love bright colors - they really cheer me up. Sandie

HappyK said...

I've never put cranberries in stews before but I'm sure they would be a nice touch.
They all look good to me!!

HappyK said...

Oh I forgot to say that, Yes, I know you wouldn't just say you like my photos if you didn't. I always like that you are honest!! : )

Jackie said...

Wish I could help you, but I can't my friend. I've never heard of it.
Hugs,
J.

Mrs. Micawber said...

Good luck with the hunt! Have you thought of checking out all her books from the library and thumbing through them to find it?

We love cranberries here - in fact Wisconsin produces more cranberries than any other state. Betcha didn't know that. :)

That last stew looks amazing.

Ellen in Oregon said...

Auntie I have been on the internet all evening trying to hunt down your recipie. I had never heard of Gladys Taber before and now I have read enough about her life that I will have to locate her books to read for myself. I have put a shout out to another blogger her loves Gladys and her books & has one of her cookbooks. Perhaps she will locate it for us. I also learned that Susan Branch has a Gladys Taber Fan Club as part of her web site. Susan also has many of the books and since she has contacts about all things Gladys Taber, you might ask Susan about the Cranberry Island Stew.
I think the cranberries would be delicious in a dark stew as it would add a little tang and brightness to the taste. Not really all that different from adding tomatoes to beef dishes. I hope we can get the recipie by tomorrow. Thanks for introducing me to a very interesting woman and her books.