(Source)
Oh my gracious! I want to jump into that illustration, above. -happy sigh- And follow those Faeries to the 'Pixie Dust Tree'. Oh I do. I do. I do.
(Source)
I love all such.... Fey, Pixie dust, Faerie dust, sparkles, fireflies, lace curtains, lace table cloths, sheer white curtains, blowing in a breeze, magical, imaginative, more sparkles, garden paths, deep woods (without mosquitoes), etc., etc., etc.
(Source)
But ordinary reading of my blog, one might not know it. MY home decorating, doesn't have aspects, of many of those things. Unlike the lovely blogs, I am showing you pictures from...
(Source)
And I don't think, that many of my Dear Readers share such likes. :-) Yes? No? Maybe? Please tell me...
(Source)
We each have our own tastes. It's interesting to see how our tastes, match up (or not) with our Dear Readers, though.
We each have our own tastes. It's interesting to see how our tastes, match up (or not) with our Dear Readers, though.
(Source)
Not that I am creative enough, to do much "Magical Decorating" in my own life. Nope, I'm not. I love it, in the blogs of others though... -sigh- Like in the lovely and magical blogs, from which I borrowed these pic. With click-able links back to the blogs, of course!
(Source)
So how come I don't try to incorporate more, into my own home? How come????? ~~~ Well for one thing, one has to consider the tastes of others, living in our homes. I'd love more, more, more Faerie Lights... But 'Uncle A.'s' eyesight, makes them difficult, for him to live with...
(Source)
So I have one string of Faerie Lights, on the mantle. I'd have more of them, hanging here and there. But they would bother his eyes.
(Source)
So, do I need a separate blog? Where I could *drool* over such? :-) A blog for
all-things-Fey-and-shimmering-and-softly-white-and-twinkleing...? And
with the separate blog, go out to find other bloggers, who love such...?
(Source)
Oh sigh... Separate blogs can get so difficult though... -pout-
I have one now... My "Auntie's Reads 2013" blog. But I simply post reviews on it. No comments allowed, so I don't have to deal with checking comments for SPAM, etc., all the time. ~~~ But that (no comments) feels cut off, from Dear Readers... -sigh- -pout-
~~~
(Source)
Oh sigh... Separate blogs can get so difficult though... -pout-
I have one now... My "Auntie's Reads 2013" blog. But I simply post reviews on it. No comments allowed, so I don't have to deal with checking comments for SPAM, etc., all the time. ~~~ But that (no comments) feels cut off, from Dear Readers... -sigh- -pout-
~~~
What to do? Go for more lace myself? Even without more Faerie Lights?
~~~
Your ideas??????????
Please?
And thank you...
~~~
Your ideas??????????
Please?
And thank you...







17 comments:
give the hubs a set of sunglasses and go for the lights!!!
What wonderful pictures to wake up to. I love a little magic in the morning. Hoping to really get creative in my own place when I retire. Just haven't had much time to do all I hope to do.
Mary
Create a machine and jump on in
think total opposite of these photos and that is me.. i like minimalist.. but i do love old things, like the milk glass over the door in one pick and i love filmy lacy curtains blowing in a breeze. a lot of the things in these photos i love the things just not all in one place... i don't look on the web for things, but maybe i will to see if i could find what i like to show you... i wish we had the internet when we moved in this house 25 years ago... now it is to late, no money and no get up and go to do it...
That's what I love about blogging ~ being able to dream and live through the fantasies of others. Fairy land and pixie dust, ruffles and lace ~ take me away.
I really enjoyed those pictures, but when I tried to click on the source, I got a message saying 'malware'?? so I couldn't check it out.
But Auntie, you should create your own fantasy place where you can decorate it any way you like... full of magic and twinkling lights, etc. and go there and visit whenever you want...
Love them all, Auntie!!! But I have to keep my décor subtle with a touch of "fey", sparkle and faery dust because my hubby lives in this house, too :}
I really enjoyed all of the décor...they were all me...if I lived alone!!!
Hugs~
I'm awed by the decorations I've seen in a few homes and by the photos you have here; however, I doubt that I will ever have anything remotely similar in my home. I'm trying to move towards being a minimalist and simplicity, but having to fight my nostalgic husband to do so. :)
I respect you and anyone who truly enjoys decorating because it is who you are.
So go for it! And continue to show us pictures. I can dream, can't I? :)
Pretty post! As for me, I love a homey, cozy style. Lace and such are pretty, but I don't want too much of it in one room. I do have lace curtains in one bedroom. I do love the mini lights, but they just don't seem to "go" in my house except at Christmas.
I say go with what makes you happy even if it is just one room...lace, lights and all!
I like the homey country old things style. : )
I love looking at all different styles though.
Auntie, I absolutely adore lace cutains...they are homey, they are romantic, and can be dressy. I like little lights too. I do not have any around other than at holiday time. The things I can't , or don't have in my home...I can enjoy by seeing other's blogs or pinterest. You need a little corner nook of your very own, then you can have lace and lights. All of us need one of those.xoxo,Susie
I love looking at the decorative ideas of others because I'm "decorative challenged"...True.
Hugs,
Jackie
You know me all all about romantic lace, lighting, and everything magical! Living with my three men and all the wonderful manly things that went along with it, my decorating was my girlie outlet. It's gotten more girlie since the boys moved out.
If I were you I'd go with the more lace option. Go for it!
xo
BTW - Loved the Bohemian blog and am now following it:)
I'm going back to check on the Bohemian blog...my decorating style was once described that way...I don't think so, but perhaps it's the lace and dark colors. Why don't you just incorporate what you enjoy here at your blog and in your home? It's not all about twinkle lights. Do a few simple things you enjoy.
Hahaaaa...loved the first comment!
I think you could start another blog (I have plenty!) and join sites that reflect your taste!
Keep this one for everyday stuff!
Happy weekend!
hughugs
I totally relate to the decorating when it comes to others in the house. My frank has this ugly recliner sitting where he can see the TV best. It totally throws the room out of whack and now he has a side table that is for holding his stuff only. I call it his man space and try to ignore it.
Post a Comment