Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Musing~~~Pixie Dust~~~Book review~~~Etc.~~~Etc.

Peonies...  Peonies...  Peonies...  :-)

I understand the logic of...  Less Blog Traffic, in Summer.  But....  I tell ya', it's not that simple.  :-)  On Tuesday, from posting time to now...  I got:

 57 Visits
9 Comments

See?  That doesn't work out, to "say," that less people are looking at my blog.  I think 57 individual Visits, is a healthy number of people-looking.  (Individual Visits means, I do not count the times that the *Blogger Picture Seeker* "visits."  Nor do I keep counting my continuous Visitor from Albany NY.  Who comes all the time, but never Comments.)

But only 9 of 57 Visitors , bothered to leave a Comment.  Interesting.

48 just-passing-by-Visitors, seems like a LOT.  -chuckle-  And it certainly does mess-with the theory, that LESS people are on the Net, in summer.

Oh I know....  I do read/skim a new-to-me blog at times, without leaving a Comment.  Sometimes one is just seeing if a new-to-me blog, resonates or not.  And I don't want the blog owner, to think they have a new Follower, when I am just "passing through."  I suppose a lot of the foreign Visitors, fall into that category.


(Source)

It's time to play in "Pixie Dust" again!!!  -grin-  Couldn't stand, trying to let my hair grow out, any longer.  So I had Patricia give me a "Pixie", yesterday.  Not a "Judy Dench cut".  Just a "Pixie".


 (Source)

 I thought I'd be *bummed out* about cutting off, what had taken me so long, to grow.  But I'm not *bummed out.*  It's soooooo easy to care for.  And stays fine looking, all the time.  Coooooool!!!!  Yessssss!!!!!  :-)  

Just for fun...  I found this delightful picture...  Of a Parisian Dining place.  Mmmm, dreamy hu?  :-))))))


"A Death In The Small Hours"
by
Charles Finch

Trying to catch up, on posting reviews of books read.  You can read what I thought of this book, by clicking here please, and going to my "Auntie's Reads 2013" blog...


15 comments:

Vee said...

I'm sure that you will absolutely enjoy your pixie cut through the summer when it's so hot and humid. There's much to be said for always looking good! Are we not going to see it?

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i agree with Vee, can we see the pixie cut? the shorter my hair is the better i like it. when it gets a quarter inch on it and i can FEEL the hair on my head, I tell bob, i can feel my hair...will you cut it?? thank goodness hubby cuts mine, it would cost a fortune because he cuts it every 2 or 3 weeks. i like it every 2 weeks but being retired he has a hard time fitting me in... LOL.

HappyK said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!!!

Linda said...

I keep my hair short! Have ever since the day I took stock of my life about 12 years ago! My then husband was shocked when I had all my long hair cut off and had a pixie cap! Now I let it grow for 6 weeks or so then get it cut again! Works for me! SO much cooler and easier and I'm all about looking as GOOD as I can as EASILY as I can!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

a summer pixie cut...perfect! we got rain!!!

Deb said...

I say keep your hair the way you want it...you are the one that has to be comfortable...I don't know about the traffic...doesn't really make sense to me....I don't get out to visit much right now...just my few blogs I normally visit...not enough time in the summer...

Nellie said...

I have a haircut every five weeks! Can't stand length on it!

Jackie said...

I don't monitor my blog visits or visitors, so I don't know who is coming or how many are coming or commenting or not commenting. I just write, and post photos. I have no idea how many people stop by.
I imagine that people are blogging/visiting less in the summertime. I know that I am. But, I do love to come here and see what you have posted...what you and yours are doing...and I love your photos.
Those peonies are beautiful!!
Hugs and love,
Jackie

Susie said...

Auntie, It just tickles me to get comments. I know not everyone is interested in the same things I like...but just to say "cute', or "interesting" is nice. Sometimes, I can't leave a comment(my computer) or I don't have time to write what I want, so I come back later. Sometimes people go back to a site to read the comments left by others. That would account for some of the numbers. Hope you are having a fun day. I am trying to get well. xoxo,Susie

Pat Hatt said...

Some people you don't want to leave a comment, such as the search engine nuts haha

mxtodis123 said...

My hair has pretty much grown out my last cut. Might be time to chop it off again.
Mary

bj said...

I've been growing my hair out, too, and looked in the mirror this morn. and thought, "WHY ?" so I'm going to go get mine cut, too.
Wish I could see yours.......:)
OOO, and sometimes I have 150+ "lurkers" and will have 30 comments...so...I think it's just the way blogging is going to be. Some people, even bloggers, just don't take the time (or HAVE the time) to leave comments...but they like reading your blog. So, just keep doing what you're doing and you will always have some of your loyal fans leaving comments while others will enjoy your posts, without commenting.
I never ever read a blog that I don't at least say HELLO....but...
that's just me. :)

Betsy said...

I enjoy reading your blog and I usually leave comments if it's not a time like real late or early like now, when I am not baby sitting with my grand daughter in my lap.
I love the peonies.
betsy

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I have the same problem. Well, problem isn't the right word, I refuse to make it a problem. Maybe I should say aggravation. It is. Aggravating. To have so many viewers and a fraction of them commenting. I do think a lot of the views come from people using the search engines, tho.

Your peonies are gorgeous! Glad you're enjoying your new haircut. I keep my hair fairly short, too, and I'm needing a trim right now.

Dee said...

I think pixie cut will suit you fine. You have small features...just perfect for a pixie cut.